Condos also have the added benefit of being more tax friendly than a single family dwelling, and they’re often priced better than single family properties near the water. Because these communities have many units, the “price” of living near the water is significantly reduced, making them all the more attractive.
Then, there’s the maintenance aspect. In a condo, living or visiting the Upper Keys doesn’t take away from sunbathing, fishing, boating, and all the Keys have to offer. Purchase a single family, and that isn’t the case.
Further Benefits of Buying a Condo in the Upper Keys
• It’s a safe and secure community. Many have security and some are gated, making them a safe place to live.
• Remodel at-will. Condo owners own their units from the interior walls in, so, they can make changes inside the unit as they please. Replacing the appliances, floors, or countertops is your prerogative.
• Neighbors can’t devalue your property. Because the HOA enforces the bylaws, the units must be kept in good order. Neighbors can’t decide to paint their exterior walls with a loud color or set up a vehicle graveyard in the parking lot.
• Location, location, and location. What’s great about buying a condo is purchasing a property that’s in a fantastic location. Often this is a way to get the best of the Keys without having to pay a big price for a single family home.
• Easy come, easy go. Leaving and returning is much like living in a resort. Security is one reason, but not having to worry about rescheduling services like lawn maintenance and pool cleaning go a long way.
About Jan Keller. Jan is a Top producing Real Estate agent and the owner of the Florida website www.kellerporterteam.com designed specifically to help people relocating to Islamorada and the upper Florida Keys.