This year the industry buzz is all surrounding the new additions to the program – panels addressing subjects that long term providers are struggling with on a daily basis but, given their sensitive nature, are rarely discussed in a group setting.
In On the Frontline of Public Perceptions:
· Understanding how public perception is affecting litigation tactics by the plaintiff’s bar
· Strategies to help present the company’s side of the story when the company spokesperson’
· Dodd-Frank implications of nanny camera usage
Another new controversial session on the program this year is Recognizing and Creating a Framework to Manage Sexual Issues in the Nursing Home Setting. ACI is pleased to present a panel that will provide practical tips for mitigating the risks that accompany this hot button topic. According to Krishna Patel, Program Manager with ACI, “Long term care counsel are consistently dealing with the nuanced web of issues surrounding intimate relationships and proclivities in the nursing home setting. These situations create serious questions of consent and exposure but are rarely discussed openly.” According to the program description and conference organizers, speakers on the session will be revealing how to:
· Draw the line between upholding the rights of residents to maintain active lives and protecting vulnerable patients
· Analyze and create a plan of action based on notification and insurance exposure considerations
· Delineate the facility’s level of duty and obligation to ask if a potential new admission has been registered as a sex offender
For more information on this session and the overall program, visit www.AmericanConference.com/
About ACI - American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.
Staffed by industry specialists, lawyers and other professionals, American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge.