The high-tech manufacturing industry is a consumer-driven, fast paced sector where success is fully influenced by meeting those consumer expectations at the end of the value chain. Survey results from the report, uncovered the majority of high-tech manufacturers are limited in utilizing their modern ERP solutions and understanding how technology innovation can drive greater customer experience.
According to 45% of survey respondents, the main barrier to creating customer experience is related to lack of back-office/
“Keeping up with the required pace of innovation is by far the main business challenge for high-tech manufacturers today along with rapid changes in market demand and aggressive competitors,”
With the increased volatile consumer demand, manufacturers along the high-tech value chain need to gain better visibility with uncertainty in their markets, according to the survey results. “To prevent volatility and improve customer fulfillment, manufacturers need to find new ways of understanding future demand and utilize modern ERP platforms to its full capacity that can integrate business processes throughout the value chain,” added Manenti.
“We believe it is imperative for high-tech manufacturers to create an agile and flexible supply chain by investing in technologies that enable faster decision making, collaboration across the organization and with business partners resulting in superior customer experience,”
Key points from the survey:
• Nearly 35% of high tech manufacturers believe their ERP is vital as the platform for customer experience that connects back-office and front-office;
• The main barrier of nearly 45% high-tech manufacturers to creating greater customer experience is essentially related to lack of back-office/
• High-tech manufacturers will prioritize investments focused on adapting IT to react and serve customers better (35.9%)
• Approximately 28% are dependent on ERP for everyday support of business operations, yet the impact on customer experience is still limited
• About 26% of survey respondents already state that the single most critical factor driving new product purchases is how value-added services are delivered and supported, including custom repackaging and relabeling, logistics, repair and overhaul, and environmentally compliant recycling
• Over the next three years, high-tech manufacturers will be looking for a flexible ERP system that includes or easily integrates more customer-facing functions in order to provide more timely information and ability to collaborate more within the organization