Aileen Lacey-Payne, Director of Napier said: “It was a very fun evening and a good way to thank everyone we work with. We wanted to showcase our new office and it was great to see our staff interact with landlords and suppliers, who are all instrumental in making our business the success it is.”
Napier has expanded considerably in recent years - mainly through recommendation - with clients from a cross section of residential management company directors, right-to-manage company directors, freeholders and developers.
There is another office in Fordingbridge which looks after blocks of flats across the New Forest, up to Salisbury and into Hampshire.
The portfolio of properties managed by Napier spans from small freeholder owned conversions and new-builds, to large purpose built blocks run in conjunction with their Management Company Directors.
Aileen added, “Since the company was formed in 1994 we have established ourselves within the local landlord fraternity as a professional company and a safe pair of hands to look after their investments.”
“With clients spread across Dorset, the New Forest and Hampshire, we are looking to open a further office in Southampton in the New Year – so watch this space!”
For more information on Napier and the services it offers, contact their staff at their new Westbourne office on 01202 314511 or visit their website www.napiermanagement.co.uk
- Ends -
Napier Management Services Limited was inaugurated in 1994 when it took over an existing property management business started by Ian Napier, a well-known surveyor based in the Westbourne / Canford Cliffs area.
The business has expanded considerably in recent years mainly through recommendation. Our clients include residential management company directors, right-to-manage company directors, freeholders and developers. Our portfolio of properties covers a wide range including small freeholder owned conversions, newbuilds and large purpose built blocks run in conjunction with the Management Company Directors.
We put emphasis on training our staff, and all our Property Managers have IRPM (Institute of Residential Property Management) qualifications and we ensure their training is updated continually. Our accounts staff are also encouraged to further their professional development and Napier have an excellent level of staff retention which ensures long term relationships are built with our clients.
The management of long leasehold residential property is a complex business requiring a full understanding of the structure and meaning of leases, a thorough knowledge of the statutory requirements of the various landlord and tenant legislation, and compliance with the recognised Codes of Practice.
If you select the right management company they will:
Have a full understanding of leases and relevant legislation
Work within recognised Codes of Practice as provided by:
Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
The Association of Residential Managing Agents
Have an in-house team (and outside contractors)
Be able to provide full accounting facilities for budgeting, service charge collection and year-end accounting
Deal with arrears collection and disputes between lessees in an independent and professional manner
Napier’s Range of Services
· 24 hour emergency maintenance contractors
· Initial visit and assessment of future requirements. Provision of proposals (no charge)
· Setting-up system and obtaining relevant information to provide a smooth take-over. Analysing lease covenants and implementing effective compliance.
· Preparation of a service charge budget (for approval), issuing invoices, administering income account, pursuing late payers.
· Collecting ground rent, where applicable.
· Administration of the service charge expenditure account, receiving and checking contractors invoices and making payment (some clients prefer to be co-signatory)
· Maintaining financial records, including provision of regular statements, preparation of financial year end reports for accountant and liaising with accountants.
· Managing and advising on the long term needs of the building, e.g. arranging five year or ten year maintenance schedule reports with technical advisors.
· Advice on leasehold matters
· Managing short-term needs of the building and customer by responsive maintenance / emergencies.
· Manage effective relationship with customers and other parties and provide advice.
· Optional administration of Company responsibilities including Company Secretarial duties, arranging and attending annual general meetings, completing company returns
· Consultation on Major Works under S.20 of Landlord and Tenant Act, including liaison between clients, surveyor and appointed contractors
AE Marketing Solutions
AE Marketing Solutions