Columbia TN Children’s Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: Children should undergo a checkup twice a year.
2. True or False: Your Columbia TN dentist offers dental sealants.
3. True or False: Fluoride treatments help safeguard little smiles against tooth decay.
4. True or False: Children should brush and floss each day.
1. True. According to the American Dental Association, children should receive a checkup once every six months starting around age three. They should undergo an initial checkup, however, around their first birthday or following the arrival of the first baby tooth. Regular checkups allow your Columbia TN dentist to identify dental issues early and instill good dental habits. Regular visits also help reduce dental anxiety in young children. To schedule an appointment, contact Creekside Family Dental Center today.
2. True. Dental sealants involve your Columbia TN dentist coating your child’s molars in a safe plastic material. The sealant protects the teeth in the back of the mouth your children may find difficult to thoroughly brush and floss. Sealants help prevent tooth decay and will wear away naturally with time.
3. True. Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that strengthens tooth enamel, shoring your child’s defenses against dental caries. If a child is found especially susceptible to tooth decay, Dr. Foster can provide a fluoride treatment.
4. True. Just like you, your child should brush once before bed and again in the morning. Flossing is also vital for protecting little smiles. Brushing and flossing cleanse the mouth of harmful bacteria and stray food particles, reducing plaque buildup and decreasing the risk of tooth decay.
About Dr. David Foster:
Call Creekside Family Dental Center (https://www.facebook.com/