For further details and updated list of speakers, please visit:
One of the most important pieces of securities legislation in the past fifty years, the April 2012 enactment of the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (JOBS Act) has fundamentally and profoundly changed nearly all aspects of capital-raising in the United States. Many financial historians and journalists have described the JOBS Act as a “financial revolution.”
The Knowledge Group has assembled a team of leading practitioners who will help you understand the most important aspects of the JOBS Act, including the IPO rules which took effect upon adoption (what’s working, what’s not), the new private placement rules that were effective as of September 23, 2013 and the related private placement proposals, the development of an accredited investor crowdfunding market based on pre-existing exemptions and the new private placement rules, and the proposed crowdfunding and funding portal rules for sales to the general public that were released for comment in October 2013. The panel will present their ideas and share best practices concepts in a two-hour live webcast. You will have the opportunity to ask questions of the panel.
Some of the major topics that will be covered in this course are:
· Highlights of the JOBS Act IPO reforms
· How the JOBS Act reforms have changed the way IPOs are executed
· "Emerging Growth Company" defined and explained
· A look at “testing-the-
· Changes to the lock-up and research process
· How the JOBS Act has affected deal timing
· The post-JOBS Act marketplace development of Internet platforms for offers and sales to accredited investors under Reg D
· The impact of crowdfunding on angel and VC markets, and the role of crowdfunding for issuers on the road to an IPO
· Proposed Regulation Crowdfunding
· Opportunities, risks, burdens and uncertainties for private offerings under the general solicitation rules
· Challenges in meeting the rule requirements:
· Potential implications of the proposed Reg D rule changes the SEC issued on the heels of the removal of the ban on general solicitation
· Reaction to the proposed rules: arguments for and against
· The SEC’s work plan and the future of the Regulation D market
About Kimberly Versace
Kimberly M. Versace is Counsel at Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP. Kimberly’s practice focuses on securities regulatory and compliance matters, with an emphasis on Investment Advisers Act compliance. She provides ongoing advice to hedge fund advisers and other financial institutions in connection with the development of comprehensive compliance programs to address regulatory obligations imposed by federal laws and regulations, and advises investment firms on compliance with disclosure requirements, insider trading rules, conflicts of interest and other legal and regulatory requirements.
About Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP
With approximately 75 lawyers in New York, Washington, D.C. and London, Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP provides innovative legal solutions to a sophisticated range of clients across the investment and business spectrum, from hedge funds and investment banks to corporate boards and businesses enterprises.
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress is a series of live webcasts produced by The Knowledge Group, LLC, which examine trends, regulatory, and technology changes across a variety of industries. Its mission is to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webcasts that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format.
The organization brings together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcasts to study the impact of changes and emerging trends. Hear from leading government officials/regulators, key thought leaders, and industry experts objectively analyze the latest trends and issues and their impact on industries. For further details, please visit the organization’
The Knowlege Group, LLC
The Knowlege Group, LLC