As with any time of the year, this time Google always introduces a new changes that affect few or more businesses online. They latest change occurred during Black Friday and it continues to evolve all across their data centers.
As KnockingDoor.com stated “We analyzed many keywords and websites and every year at this time we see some small to large changes in search traffic.”
If you have not checked your website traffic, now it is a good time to do so. Look for keywords that are affected and use webmaster central to find any errors that are causing your drop in rankings.
As with any other online business, KnockingDoor.com offers these tips for the holiday season:
- Make sure your phone number is clearly visible. Tip: If you run small business and you don’t want your customer to call you but rather email you, add a pop up window or message with the following “Why You Don’t See Our Phone Number – Our goal is to give you the lowest prices on our products and therefore; we do not have expensive call centers so we can pass savings to you.”
- Clear and easy to understand return policy. Tip: Make your customer happy this season and offer easy return with no restocking fees.
- Utilize your email marketing. This holiday season is every marketer dream as many people shop online. Always make sure you can ask your customers for an email address. Than use that to your benefit and send your customers updates every week of your products/services.
- Presentation of your products – How the product looks like is the most important part in sales. If you lack images, always add more. Try to cover top, bottom, right ,left sides of your product to show it. More images you have the more information you provide to your customers. Remember , your customers cannot physically touch your product so lots of images always help.
- Make “Add to cart” button prominent. Many times add to cart button is hidden, textured or colored in a way that it blends in. Make your button big and orange. Color helps it to distinguish right away and allows your customer to easily navigate.
- Show your trust! – When customer visits your store they don’t know how to trust you. Showcases your social icons and make sure how many people likes your facebook page. This shows that customer can trust you, can engage with you and feel comfortable about your product. Use a simple message “Look how many people like KnockingDoor.com”
If you are unable to get the results online you wanted, contact us at http://knockingdoor.com for a quick chat. We are here along the away helping your business grow and bring revenue.