“Navigator 10 is a major milestone providing the latest in RIP and workflow technology to meet the challenging needs of prepress departments around the globe,” said Eric Nelsen, Vice President, Product Management of Xitron. “Navigator 10 is being offered as a true 64-bit RIP for users that need to handle larger and more complex file with speed and ease.”
Navigator 10 is based on the Harlequin RIP core technology from Global Graphics Software and will include:
* 64-bit binary program to run natively on Windows 64-bit operating systems
* Multi-threading rendering option for faster handling of PDF transparencies
* Parallel pages processing option to interpret one page while the previous page is being composited and rendered
* Variable data option to handle caching of pre-rendered and single-use elements separately
* Support for Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 r2 and Windows Server 2012.
* Optional proofing plug-ins for Epson and Canon proofers
* Support for hundreds of proofers, platesetters and direct image presses as well as legacy film imagesetters
Xitron’s CtP interface implementation is unlike any other. It communicates through the PC’s USB 2.0 port; it is not necessary to special order platforms that conform to a particular PCI slot specification in order to drive the CtP device. This greatly expands the user’s selection of platforms for RIPs and prepress workflow software while making the process less complicated. Xitron offers USB interfaces to support all popular platesetters and many legacy film imagers from manufacturers including Screen, Agfa, Kodak, Presstek, AB Dick, Heidelberg, ECRM, Ryobi, and Fujifilm.
Navigator Elite Workflow is the premier workflow in the Navigator workflow family. Navigator Elite Workflow includes capabilities to support a wide range prepress department needs including:
* User controllable job management and ticketing capabilities
* Integrated soft proofing
* Output device control and feedback at operator workstations
* PDF Creation and Preflighting
* Ink Remapping
* Imposition Integration with Dynagram inpO2
* Scriptable Hot Folders
* TIFF Job Grouping
* Press Ink Key Calculation with KeySetter Option
An exceptional tool for job tracking, load balancing, PDF creation, preflighting and automated job preparation;
Ink Remapping allows the user to easily re-assign inks to specific plates, ensuring the proper numbers of plates are created for each job.
Imposition Integrator stores impositions within the workflow alongside single-page files, preflight reports, proofs, and plate files. The Imposition Integrator was initially developed to work with Dynagram’s inpO2, but will work with other imposition solutions as well.
Scriptable Hot Folders allow users to define the workflow to fit their needs, customizing the way Navigator GPS Elite routes incoming jobs.
KeySetter ink key presetting option communicated with press consoles for Heidelberg, KBA, manroland, Mitsubishi and Shinohara saving up to 20-50% on make-ready time and materials.
Xitron offers Navigator Elite Workflow as both a software package and an all inclusive workflow bundle including software, computer platform, onsite installation, training and a one-year Xitron Software Support Agreement in North America. Outside North America, Xitron dealers and distributors offer similarly configured solutions.
Users who purchase Navigator v9 now will receive a complimentary upgrade to Navigator 10 when it is released later in 2013. Special upgrade incentives are also being offered for those who upgrade now to receive Navigator 10 at release.
For more information about upgrading to Navigator 10 workflow solution visit Xitron on the web at http://www.xitron.com/