The summit will be inaugurated by His Excellency U Kyaw Lwin, Union Minister of Construction, who will preside and address the December gathering with a Keynote Speech.
Unveiling the Yangon Regional Development plan in a session titled ‘Urban Planning & Development Initiative for the Greater Yangon’ is Suzuki Masahiko, Urban Development Advisor, YCDC; Senior Advisor, Urban Planning, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). He will discuss the four pillars of development vision for Yangon: International HUB City, Comfortable City, Well-Managed Infrastructure City and City of Good-Governance. In addition, relevant divisions within the Ministry of Construction will also shed light on new directions and regulations in the construction sector of Myanmar via sessions on:
· Roadmap on Construction Projects of Roads, Bridges & Highways: Connecting Major Cities & Towns & Improving Accessibility in Myanmar – Senior Official, Public Works Department, Ministry of Construction
· Public & Private Low-Cost Housing Construction Projects Timeline in the next 12-24 months in Myanmar: New Build & Upgrading/Refurbishing Works – Senior Official, Dept. of Human Settlement & Housing Development (DHSHD), Ministry of Construction
Also, elaborating on Yangon’s real estate developments is Nyan Min Htut (Zarni), Managing Director of Green Vision Construction Company, who will share a Construction Management's Perspective on ‘Practical Challenges & Opportunities in Yangon Real Estate & Commercial Developments’
The audience will also gain some practical tips on the operations of the construction business via a Panel Discussion on ‘Experience in Managing Construction Project: Implementation & Operational Challenges’ by senior level executives of four different construction companies – Nyan Min Htut (Zarni), Managing Director, Green Vision Construction Company; Siddhartha Roy, Project Manager from Parami Energy Group of Companies; Christopher Thurane Aung, New Business Development Director of Dagon Group of Companies and Jean-Jacques Largent, General Manager, BYMA.
Other key sessions at the Myanmar Construction Summit 2013 include:
· Building Basics: Legal Considerations for Construction Businesses in Myanmar – Cheah Swee Gim, Director and Foreign Consulting Attorney, Kelvin Chia Yangon
· Key Considerations for Effective Cost Management (Applicable for Myanmar) and to Avoid Overruns in Construction Projects – Yen Kooi Ang, Director, Langdon & Seah (Thailand)
· Bird’s Eye View of the Current Myanmar’s Engineering & Construction Scene – Siddhartha Roy, Project Manager, Parami Energy Group of Companies
· Project & Materials Management for the Rollout of the Low Cost Housing Construction Project – Christopher Thurane Aung, New Business Development Director, Dagon Group of Companies
The event is a key platform for making inroads into the construction market in Myanmar as it will be attended by Officials from Ministry of Construction, YCDC, MCDC, key personnel from Construction Companies, Facility Management Companies as well as Building & Civil Engineers, M&E Consultants/
For more details contact Ms. Hafizah at +65 6346 9218 or email@example.com