As the childhood obesity rate has increased, so has the prevalence of high blood pressure in children and teenagers, said Padma Shri and Dr. B C Roy national Awardee Dr. K K Aggarwal President Heart Care Foundation of India.
The prevalence of hypertension among US children and adolescents ranges from 1% to 5%. The prevalence of hypertension among obese children is 11%.
Dr. Aggarwal further added that in the forthcoming 20th MTNL Perfect Health Mela being organized from 23rdto 27th October, 2013 at Constitution Club of India, there will be special provision for consultations available to the obese children by doctors from all pathies.
Facts about obesity in children
1. Natural fast food is good for the health
2. Examples of fast food are milk, dry fruits, fruits
3. Artificial fast food or junk food is bad for the health
4. Junk food contains refined bad fats and trans fats
5. Trans fats reduces the amount of good cholesterol and raised the levels of bad cholesterol in the body
6. Soft drinks if taken more than one drink a day are harmful to the health
7. Sweets contain more than 30% sugar and are harmful to the body
8. One should avoid white sugar, white maida and white rice
9. Jaggery is better than sugar
10. All girls should eat jiggery and white gram once a week
About HCFI : The only National Not for profit NGO, on whose mega community health education events, Govt. of India has released two National Commemorative stamps and one cancellation stamp, and who has conducted one to one training on” Hands only CPR” of 63425 people since 1st November2012.
The CPR 10 Mantra is – “Within 10 minutes of death, earlier the better; at least for the next 10 minutes, longer the better; compress the centre of the chest of the dead person continuously and effectively with a speed of 10x10 i.e. 100 per minute.”