HONORED AS 2013 TOP-RATED NONPROFIT
New GreatNonprofits.org Award is Based on Positive Online Reviews
Ashburn, VA October 10, 2013–The Brad Kaminsky foundation announced today that it has been honored with a prestigious 2013 Top-Rated Award by GreatNonprofits, the leading provider of user reviews about nonprofit organizations.
“We are excited to be named a Top-Rated 2013 Nonprofit,” says Lisa Millar, President of The Brad Kaminsky Foundation. We are proud of our accomplishments this year especially our overall donations to research which now total close to ¾ of a million dollars. We are a small organization committed to doing big things.”, which include having Joan Jett and the Blackhearts acknowledge brain tumors and the foundation while tossing grey and gold wristbands to the crowd at her concert (gold is the color for childhood cancer awareness and grey is the color for brain tumor awareness), along with helping to provide support and resources for those impacted and raising funds by hosting many events which include:
· Annual Heroes of Hope Golf Tournament
· Annual Monte Carlo/Mardi Gras Gala
· Punch out brain cancer boxing event
· Annual Phi Gamma Nu Spring Walk to end brain tumors at Penn State
· Kids Helping Kids Childhood Cancer Awareness Events
And still to come:
· the 6th Annual Heroes of Hope Race for Brain Tumor Research on Sunday 11/3/13 in Los Angeles, CA. This race allows donors to help direct funds to Los Angeles Researchers for both adult and childhood brain tumor research. Almost half a million dollars has been donated right back to Los Angeles researchers and help fund developing new approaches including vaccines that allow one’s own immune system to target and destroy brain tumor cells.
· iDance 4 a CURE Dance Marathon, beginng on 11/16 and onward at Dance Studios throughout the United States. Kickoff Inaugral event is being held at Studio Bleu Dance Center in Ashburn, VA, a Nationally recognized dance instruction studio along with Creative Force Dance Studio, Severna Park, MD., Keegan Dance Company, Titusville, Fl., And a 5678 School of Dance, Endicott,NY., Michelle Ferraro’s Dance USA, Croam, NY., Orange School of Performing Arts, Orange, Va and StarMakers Dance Academy, Washington DC (held at Studio Bleu) and Dance for Joy Dance Studio will host their event on 11/23 in Brielle, NJ. Dancers Vs. Cancer is a campaign spearheaded by The Truth 365, Arms Wide Open Childhood Cancer Foundation, Studio Bleu Dance Center and The Brad Kaminsky Founation to raise awareness and funds for Childhood Cancer Research and to allow dancers to work with childhood cancer patients. Dancers Vs. Cancer also has a team participating in the 11/3 Annual Heroes of Hope Race for Brain Tumor Research in Los Angeles.
While the Top-Rated Awards run through the end of October, the Brad Kaminsky Foundation was part of the inaugural group to qualify for the year.
“Savvy donors want to see the impact of their donations more than ever,” said Perla Ni, CEO of GreatNonprofits, “People with direct experience with The Brad Kaminsky Foundation have voted that the organization is making a real difference.”
Being on the Top-Rated list gives donors and volunteers more confidence that this is a credible organization. The reviews by volunteers, clients and other donors show the on-the-ground results of this nonprofit. This award is a form of recognition by the community about The Brad Kaminsky Foundation and it’s mission to raise funds and awareness for childhood and adult brain tumor and cancer Research.
GreatNonprofits is the leading site for donors and volunteers to find reviews and ratings of nonprofits. Reviews on the site influence 30 million donation decisions a year. www.greatnonprofits.org
To find out more information about the Los Angeles ~ GO Grey LA, 6th Annual Heroes of Hope Race for Brain Tumor Research on Sunday 11/3/13 at Dockweiler State Beach and how you can make a difference, visit www.heroesofhoperace.org and to find out more about the iDance 4 CURE dance marathon visit www.idance4acure.org For more info about the Brad Kaminsky Foundation visit www.tbkf.org.