Marci Bracco 831-747-7455
allU.S. Credit Union (Formerly Monterey County Employee Credit Union) Positively Different
Challenges You To Pay It Forward
10 Days To Make a Difference
SALINAS, CA (September 21, 2013) allU.S. Credit Union is challenging Salinas Valley and Monterey Peninsula residents to “pay it forward” beginning Oct. 17 in honor of International Credit Union Day!
If allU.S. Credit Union gave you $10, how would you use that money to help someone else?
Give allU.S. Credit Union your answer and they will give away $10 to you — free — with the assignment to “pay it forward.”
The allU.S. Credit Union Pay It Forward Challenge:
· A crisp $10 bill
· The first 10 people each day who bank at allU.S. Credit Union at 20 W. Market St., in Salinas
· From Oct. 17 through Oct. 30 (10 working days)
· 10 days to pay it forward
· If you are one of the first 10 people each day to do your banking or become a member of allU.S. Credit Union , you will be handed a $10 bill and be given the opportunity to tell our videographer at the credit union how you will pay it forward in the community. (All participants must sign a waiver to be videotaped. For complete rules and regulations go to www.alluscu.org.
“The first 10 people to bank at the Credit Union each day during the 10-day period of time will be handed a crisp Pay It Forward $10 bill,” said Patrick Redo, CEO of allU.S. Credit Union. “We will video each person who receives a $10 bill to hear how they will use the bill to pay it forward. We can’t wait to see where these bills pop up in the community. Will they go to charity? Will they purchase a homeless person a hot meal and a blanket? Only time will tell!”
· In honor of International Credit Union Day on Thursday, Oct. 17, allU.S. will launch its Pay it Forward campaign.
· The campaign ends on Wednesday, Oct. 30.
· On Monday, Nov. 4, allU.S. will unveil the top-rated Pay it Forward video.
· allU.S. Credit Union will share the “feel good deeds” that will be videoed on the website and post each one on YouTube, Facebook, and at www.alluscu.org. Watch the videos and tell us which video deserves to win $500!
· A panel will select 10 finalists whose videos will be posted on the credit union’s website. The public will vote on the best idea, and the winner will be awarded $500 to use however they wish in contributing toward their cause, and a $100 Certificate of Deposit at allU.S. Credit Union.
Background on allU.S. Credit Union:
allU.S. Credit Union Overview
Americans have grown increasingly tired of feeling small inside big banks. They appreciate the security and convenience of a large financial institution, but crave the personalized customer service of a community-oriented credit union.
Now they can experience both. allU.S. Credit Union (formerly Monterey County Employees Credit Union) offers the personalized service seen at traditional, not-for-profit credit unions while providing access to important financial products, technology innovations and more than 30,000 ATMs nationwide.
For more than 63 years, allU.S. Credit Union has been investing in the future of Monterey County. They are a credit union that is all about personal service, helping families navigate their financial needs. According to Patrick Redo, CEO of allU.S. Credit Union, “At allU.S. Credit Union you are a member not a customer. We believe that when it comes to the way we serve and interact with our members, everything matters.”
The differences between allU.S. and large banks are clear. AllU.S. attracts members, or stakeholders, while banks recruit customers. AllU.S. is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution with benefits passed down to its members, while banks are corporatized, profit-first institutions with a declared goal of making money for company stockholders.
In short, allU.S. Credit Union is positively different.
· AllU.S. provides its members with a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates. Members enjoy lower rates on credit cards, home equity loans, mortgages, auto loans, and personal loans. At the same time they experience higher rates for savings, checking, money market accounts and CDs.
· When you do business with allU.S., you’re an owner. When allU.S. makes a profit, it directly benefits the membership. Its goal is to create wealth for its members and the community in which they live — right here in Monterey County.
· Like banks, allU.S. Credit Union insures its holdings, offering the peace of mind that its members deserve. At the same time, all loan decisions are made in the local branch, and the small staff knows its members and addresses their individual needs and concerns.
· This growing membership enjoys perks such as personalized service and free checking, while feeling secure that their money is safe and working for their future. Once they join it becomes obvious: allU.S. is indeed positively different.
· It’s allU.S. in action … positively unique, positively caring, positively essential for the financial wellbeing of its members.
AllU.S., formerly Monterey County Employees Credit Union, was formed in 1950 to provide services to the employees of Monterey County and their families. Since then it has expanded its field of membership to include a select number of employer groups. It has now changed its name and currently serves thousands of members from the Salinas Valley to the Monterey Peninsula.