There are certain things to be done before the corneal transplant surgery:
Once your doctor advises you for the corneal transplantation surgery, your name should be put at an eye bank list because usually waiting for the cornea donor takes long time.
The eye bank tests the corneal donor for any viruses that cause diseases like AIDS and Hepatitis before the cornea is released from the transplant.
A cornea transplant can restore the vision and reduce pain and improve the appearance of diseased cornea. Corneal transplant hospital India offers special imaging modalities such as:
• The pentacam Scheimpflug imaging system
• Orb scan slit scanning technology
There are two types of corneal transplantation that are :
• Lamellar corneal transplant – The surgeon replaces some layers of cornea with the transplant.
• Penetrating Corneal transplant – it involves transplanting the layers of cornea from the donor.
The success rates are rapidly raising, researches has found the new cornea last for 10 years-
• 75% people with Fuchs Dystrophy
• 65% to 70% people with corneal scarring
• 90% of people with keratoconus
Corneal transplantation is generally referred as Keratoplasty. There are three types of corneal transplantation:
1. Penetrating Keratoplasty-
2. Endothelial Keratoplasty – Partial thickness transplant of rear of the cornea
3. Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty – partial thickness transplant of front of the cornea
Corneal transplant hospital India has all the latest technologies and equipments which attract the international patients seeking treatment in India. India is known for its excellence in care. Corneal transplant Surgery cost India is very low as compared to any other countries like USA, UK etc. The fee will generally depend on the anesthesia whether it is local and general. Patients who are sick and young in age need surgery that is extensive and will require expensive treatment.
A new technique has been developed by the Corneal Transplant Surgery India in which transplantation of stem cells involves from a donor to grow new surface over the damaged cells. Due to the local anesthesia, the surgery is painless. The general anesthesia will delay the patients
For more details & services visit at: http://www.indiahospitaltour.com/