iWave Systems has demonstrated a Digital Signage application on android platform. The application provides the features of updating the content from remote web browser, playback of video content, image, HTML web pages and scrolling text messages. The application is demonstrated on Freescale’s i.MX6Q application processor based board developed by iWave systems.
Why to use Digital Signage:
Traditional or static signs require physically changing and reprinting the sign (Image/Notice)
1. Application is developed in android and can be installed on any android device (iWave i.MX6 board, Android tablet/smart phone).
2. Application consists of a Server-Client Architecture model.
3. The server will hold content to be displayed, such as Video, Image, Text & HTML pages.
4. Clients will query the server and download the content to local storage and play the files continuously in a loop. When there is new content, it will be added automatically to the client play list.
5. Any web browser can be used to upload new content or change the display time (Time for which content need to be displayed)by connecting to the server.
6. If server or connection is down, then client will continue to show previously downloaded content.
7. Application will provide an option to schedule the contents, display the emergency content, social feeds.
8. Application will provide an option to user to select number of contents (Video/image)