Beck’s “90 Day Walk to Wellness” challenge encouraged employees to form into 4-6 member teams. Steps were tracked using Fitbit Activity Trackers or Fitbug Pedometers, with Beck underwriting the majority of the device cost. Teams competed against one another, with the top two winning teams and top 25 walkers receiving special recognition. Over the course of the 90 day challenge, employees collectively walked 141,961,974 steps, equaling 56,785 miles or 2.28 times around the earth.
Beck is known for its culture of wellness. In 2013, Beck has been recognized as:
· Top mid-sized healthiest employer in Austin by the Austin Business Journal,
· Winner of the Higginbotham Health & Wellness Award in the Medium Division by the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce,
· Top small-sized healthiest employer in Denver by the Denver Business Journal,
· Top small-sized healthiest employer in Houston by the Houston Business Journal,
· A top healthiest employer in North Texas by the Dallas Business Journal (http://bizjournals.com/
· A Platinum-level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association (http://www.heart.org/)
About The Beck Group
Founded in 1912, The Beck Group offers a full spectrum of commercial professional services including development, planning, architecture, interior design, construction and sustainability consulting. The company is headquartered in Dallas, and maintains a national team of more than 500 employees, who work among a network of offices in Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City, San Antonio and Tampa. The firm’s notable projects in recent years include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia; Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, Texas; Michael W. Krzyzewski Center for Athletic Excellence in Durham, North Carolina; and the USF Health Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS) in Tampa, Florida. For more information, visit www.beckgroup.com.