The Movement Day vision has remained clear and its purpose rock solid. “Our mission is to facilitate collaborative partnerships among Christian leaders, foster networking and inspire catalytic leaders to maximize their own leadership potential,” explains Pier. “God has used these conferences to stir, encourage, and challenge us with dynamic, creative ways to meet the pressing needs of our rapidly growing cities. We fully anticipate that Movement Day 2013 will be no exception as God continues to unify us in purpose and inspire our hearts that we can make a difference in the lives of those people we are called to serve.”
A stellar lineup of speakers include: Dr. Tim Keller, senior pastor of the 5,000 member Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City; Dr. Raymond Bakke, Chancellor of Bakke Graduate University in Seattle, Washington; Connally Gilliam, Special Counsel to the National Metro Mission Director of The Navigators in Washington, D.C., Sherry Jones, President and Founder of Sonship Freedom in Philadelphia, PA, and Dr. Mac Pier, initiator and host of the Movement Day project.
Interactive learning tracks, chaired by a diverse faculty of respected spokespeople from recognized ministries in the Body of Christ, will cover some of the most relevant and important social and spiritual issues faced today. Afternoon track titles include:
· The Artist in Community: Something Beautiful is Happening
· The Power of Authentic Communities in our Cities
· Campus Ministry & City Movements
· Seasons of Urban Church Planting
· Energizing City Movements Through Effective Community Development
· Global Missions Engagement: Strategies to Change the World
· Advancing Collaborative Gospel Movements in Cities
· Breaking the Cycle of Incarceration
· Innovative Churches and Gospel Movements
· Prayer & Spiritual Disciplines
· Professionals & Marketplace Leaders Impacting Culture
· Invite Your City to Explore God
· Engaging in Urban Compassion
Movement Day is a leadership development initiative of The New York City Leadership Center founded by Dr. Mac Pier. Their vision is to become a model of Christian leaders impacting the spiritual and social climate of an urban center. Their mission is to exponentially increase the leadership effectiveness of ministry and marketplace leaders. Visit their website at www.NYCLeadership.com.
Movement Day NYC 2013
Marriott Marquis New York
Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.