Just some of the expo floor highlights at Career Indaba:
• South African Airways are doing a workshop: “Ndizani:
• The Bartenders Workshop is doing some cool flaring demos throughout the show, between workshops.
• False Bay College are exhibiting and will have a demo car on site to promote their engineering and mechanical faculties. There will also be yummy cooking demonstrations at their stand.
• Curriculum Vitae: there will be several workshops on how to put together a professional CV.
• Job interviews: dedicated workshops will give sound advice on how to make that good impression during a job interview.
• The Fashion industry: fashion students have the opportunity to meet The Platinum Group and speak to them about job opportunities.
• Study abroad? Near East University is a Turkish university, based in Cyprus, looking for SA students.
• Amazon will be running an interactive workshop!
• Gap Year? Speak to Gap Year providers like CC USA and STA Travel.
• Study loans: Eduloan will be at Career Indaba to speak to students and their parents about loans and bursaries.
• Good with numbers: SAICA are doing a workshop, aimed mainly at grade 10 and 11 students about becoming a CA (SA).
• Business bursaries: South African College of Business (SACOB) are giving away two bursaries over the two days for some of their courses.
• More bursaries: College of Cape Town is doing a workshop about “How to apply for a bursary” on Thursday at 12h00 on 12 September.
• Career guidance: Career Indaba will have a professional career psychologist onsite who will be students specialist career and future guidance.
• Goodie bags for all: Every visitors will receive a free, surprise goodie bag courtesy of FVC Holdings.
Lack of career advice
Career Indaba director Claire O’Connell:
Parents are most welcome and even encouraged to accompany their kids especially if they are unsure what career path they want to take. Says Claire O’Connell:
Claire says organising Career Indaba is an exciting and rewarding experience: “it sounds corny but this event really makes a difference in the lives of young people – that is the best bit.”
Visitors can already register online for their free tickets on: www.careerindaba.co.za and there is a free bus shuttle offered for groups.
Dates, times and location:
Dates: Thursday and Friday, 12-13 September 2013
Location: CTICC, Cape Town
Communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone : 021 700 3558