September Sizzles with Jazz at The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa's Fireplace Lounge
Monterey, Calif. –– The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey offers music stylings during September, at the Fireplace Lounge! Jazz is in the air so join us for local favorites such as George Young and Mayumi.
All jazz events at the Fireplace Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa are complimentary. Jazz times are 7:00 pm on Friday and Saturday. Stop by and enjoy live jazz, a glass of award winning Monterey County wine and great appetizers and wood fired pizzas.
· Friday, September 6th - 7PM - David Morwood Jazz Band - from Jazz to swing to dance and pop with special guests.
· Saturday, September 7th - 7PM- Dizzy Burnett, Grover Coe, with special guests - a rare appearance in our Hyatt lounge, not to be missed by any jazz vocal or swing fan
· Friday, September 13th and Saturday, September 14th - 7PM - LA studio great Ronnie Eschete - featured on the cover of jazz guitar magazine this summer, this heavy-in-demand guitarist is always swinging - a rare chance to hear one of the greats up close, with special guest Eddie Mendenhall on Organ, and David Morwood drums.
· Thursday, September 19th - 7-11 PM - guitar great Calvin Keys - during his over 50 year career Calvin has been featured with classic names in jazz such as Ahmad Jamaal and Ray Charles, and was more recently featured in an MC Hammer video. With Pete Lips on bass and David Morwood drums, with special guests
· Friday, September 20th - 4-7 - Jazz at Sunset - with vocalist Nat Johnson, Marshall Otwell piano, Rob Fisher bass, David Morwood drums. Nat has been a fixture on the jazz scene in California for years and helped establish many important jazz clubs. Marshall was Carmen McRae's pianist and music director for years and recorded a Grammy nominated album with Dizzy Gillespie. Rob toured and recorded with Cal TJader and many other greats.
· Friday, September 20th - 9:30PM - 1:45AM - Studio great Gary Meek - this LA studio sax player has toured and recorded with Al Jarreau, Dionne Warwick, Brian Bromberg, Airto, and many others, with Eddie Mendenhall piano, Rob Fisher bass, David Morwood drums
· Saturday, September 21st - 9pm - 1:30 AM - saxophone great Andrew Speight - Composer, arranger, conductor, and world wide performer, Andrew has recently recorded with many top names in the Jazz world, with Keith O Saunders on piano, Michael Zisman bass, David Morwood drums
· Sunday, September 22nd - 10AM-1:30 PM - Jazz Brunch with guitar great Mike Lent - as part of our great jazz guitar series Mike entertains in our fireplace lounge, currently touring as part of the Barry Manilow orchestra, recently finished a stint on Broadway, and has appeared on Good Morning America and The Today Show; with special guests
· Sunday, September 22nd - 9PM - 1AM - saxophone great Brandon Fields - from Earth Wind and Fire to Quincy Jones to BB King to Bonnie Rait this world-class recording artist helps the Hyatt close out the Jazz Festival weekend while getting just a little bit funky!! With Mike Lent guitar, Aaron Germain bass, David Morwood drums.
· Friday, September 27th 7pm - Mayumi Abe - direct from Japan this jazz vocalist lends her own unique style to American standards
· Saturday, September 28th 7PM - Hyatt Diva Night!! - featuring some of the hottest (and youngest!) jazz talent on the Central Coast, get to our Fireplace Lounge early to cheer for your favorite diva!
About Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel& Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
Nestled in 22 acres of soaring Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course is a destination resort providing the discerning traveler the quintessential Monterey experience. Its location offers guests close proximity to downtown Monterey and Monterey Airport and easy access to some of the Peninsula’s most well known attractions. With its warm, contemporary ambiance, elegant furnishings and convenient amenities, the hotel offers both leisure and business travelers a Northern California respite of unmatched serenity and comfort. Features include 550 guestrooms including 32 suites, and the President’s house, TusCA Ristorante, Knuckles Sports Bar, Fireplace Lounge, personalized concierge service at the Regency Club, a 2,000 square foot fitness facility, tennis courts, pools and whirlpools, and 12,000 square foot full service luxury spa called Accista Spa. The hotel is located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey, California. For information call (831) 372-1234 or visit www.hyattregencymonterey.com/