Belgium Fairness tax: Highlights
* Fairness tax would apply (upon enactment into law) at the rate of 5% on dividends payouts by a company in an accounting year. The effective rate would be 5.15% (5% + 3% crisis surcharge).
* Small Companies have been exempted from the purview of this tax.
* The tax would also apply to non-residents (entities having permanent establishments in Belgium).
* Further legislative clarifications are expected to address the complexities associated with this tax:
* The actual impact of the tax could differ from case to case basis.
* Companies must consider analyzing their capital structures and dividend policies to calculate the actual impact of this tax.
For more information about doing business overseas (http://issuu.com/
International Business Guide (IBG) (http://www.nair-
Get the latest news releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts (http://www.nair-
About Nair & Co.
Nair & Co. provides you with your one touch outsourced finance, HR, legal and global tax compliance department for your international operations. If you are expanding abroad for the first time or increasing your global footprint, our turnkey solutions help you do so with minimal risk, stress and cost. We support 1000+ client operations in over 56 countries and have core offices in U.K., India, China, U.S., Japan and Singapore. Nair & Co. was named among the top 100 outsourcing services providers in the world by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP). Learn more at www.nair-co.com (http://www.nair-
Read more on:Global Services for international expansion