An innovative, clinically-proven, natural, safe breath retraining practice, the Buteyko Breathing Method consists of breathing exercises specially designed to restore normal breathing patterns combined with principles about physical exercise, food and sleep, as they relate to healthy breathing habits. This breathing style is effective in managing the symptoms of asthma, allergies, sleep apnea, snoring, hyperventilation syndrome, panic attacks, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, bronchiectasis, hay fever, chronic sinusitis, rhinitis, and other stress-related diseases.
Practitioners Who Benefit from this Workshop
This workshop is targeted to health, fitness and wellness practitioners interested in developing breathing skills to enhance their current modality of practice, e.g. speech pathologists, singing teachers, physiotherapists, instructors of yoga, Pilates, other movement therapies, fitness trainers, nurses and stress counselors.
Participants will acquire an understanding of a variety of respiratory conditions and become familiarized with the mechanical, physiological, psychological and biochemical aspects of normal breathing according to respiratory/
“As a speech pathologist and a life-long asthma sufferer, who is now free of all symptoms, I have found Buteyko to be life changing for myself and for many of my patients” said Hadas Golan, MS/CCC-
Benefits of Practicing Buteyko Breathing
All participants will achieve a better understanding of the connection between dysfunctional breathing and rhinitis, mouth-breathing, snoring, sleep apnea, dysfunctional body use, speech problems, insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks, asthma, and breathlessness.
• Train patients in techniques to better manage respiratory disorders
• Train patients in strategies to relieve symptoms such as nasal congestion, dyspnea and snoring
Singing and Voice Teachers
• Achieve a better understanding of breathing patterns and disorders of the respiratory system and how they influence vocal function.
• Learn to recognize how breathing exercises should be modified for asthmatics, patients suffering from COPD, anxiety, etc.
• Train clients in techniques to relieve symptoms such as nasal congestion, sinus problems, allergies, and
Yoga and Massage Therapists
• Learn how dysfunctional breathing affects posture and motor control and contributes to back pain, neck pain, stress related disorders, dyspnea, dizziness and lightheadedness, and many medically unexplained conditions.
• Help clients establish better breathing habits and teach strategies to relieve symptoms such as pain, excessive muscle tension, nasal congestion, dyspnea and snoring.
• Teach strategies to increase exercise capacity and to enhance sports performance.
For more information and registration, visit https://www.bu-