The company’s market reports for the first 6 months of 2013 for Barcelona (http://www.slideshare.net/
· In Barcelona, the Costa Brava and Marbella, prices have fallen between 20% and 50%. In some areas, they may have reached the bottom (attached an image of a penthouse in Barcelona's Zona Alta reduced from 560.000 Euros to 390.000 Euros).
· Property sales in Barcelona are up 13.5% from January to May 2013 compared to the same period last year
· Lucas Fox has seen the strongest two quarters of trading since the start of the property crash of 2006/7
· The luxury property market is doing particularly well, primarily
· Mallorca was the most popular tourist destination in Spain in the first half of 2013, with many British and Scandinavians
· On Ibiza, prices remain buoyant and the demographics of buyers is changing with more young European buyers in the 30 to 40 year age group
In addition to this, ResidencyinSpain.com -
Lucas Fox co-founder Alexander Vaughan comments:
“The first six months of 2013 saw further encouraging developments in the property market in prime areas of Spain. In all regions we cover, the numbers of offers and sales completed were significantly up on the same period in 2012. It remains a buyer’s market with even the best properties transacting at 20% to 30% below their peak prices and sellers increasingly open to negotiation on asking prices. Our advice to potential buyers is to focus on location and quality. There are some great deals to be had and we think that in most areas, particularly Barcelona, the Costa Brava and Marbella, prices are at, or very close to, the bottom. We expect the trend of sellers lowering asking prices in line with buyer expectations to continue for at least the rest of 2013 and quite possibly the next couple of years”.
Note to editors:
About Lucas Fox
Lucas Fox was founded in Barcelona in 2005 and has established itself as one of the foremost Real Estate agents dealing with international clients in Spain.
The company focuses on luxury residential properties with an average transaction value of €1m plus and high end commercial property to private equity companies
As well as the Barcelona headquarters, the company also has officesin the Costa Brava, Maresme, Ibiza, Mallorca and Marbella. Within the next year, it expects to open offices in Madrid and London.
The Lucas Fox client base comprises buyers from Europe, America, Russia, China, India and the Gulf States.
The company currently employs more than 60 multilingual staff whose languages include English, Spanish, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Mandarin, Danish, Swedish, Russian and Arabic.
For more information on this press release, quotes or high resolution images please contact Carrie Frais by phone on +34 620586655 or by email email@example.com