PRLog - July 1, 2013 - CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- After three weeks of competition, Alive After Five, Charlotte’s largest weekly happy hour and free entertainment celebration that takes place at the Epicentre, today announced the 12 finalists for the first Charlotte Voice Competition, produced by Little Dreamer Productions. From a CPA and elementary school teacher to career DJ and hotel manager, the contestants, ranging in age from 20s to 40s, all have one thing in common: talent. They are:
Alive After Five at the Epicentre
Week One Winners (June 13):
• Matt Bolick, 45, a Charlotte club DJ who lives in the SouthPark area.
• Marquis Hairston, 24, a musician who lives in Uptown Charlotte.
• Shae Harmony, 22, an elementary school teacher who lives in the University area.
• Ashley Machleit, 27, a server at BlackFinn American Saloon who lives in East Charlotte.
Week Two Winners (June 20):
• RJ Lattimore, 23, a recent NC A&T graduate and music major who lives in Lincolnton.
• Rodney “Nao” Barber, 28, an Uptown street singer and 2012 American Idol contestant.
• Joe Bjerg, 40, a CPA, winner of the 2013 Fox Icon competition in Charlotte and contestant on Season 7 of America’s Got Talent, who lives in Concord.
Week Three Winners (June 27):
• Carlanda James, 23, a currently unemployed lifelong singer.
• Virginia Rush, an employee of LV Designs, who lives in Salisbury.
• Jonathan Curry, 27, a hotel manager, who lives in West Charlotte.
• Judith Porter, 47, an administrative assistant, who lives in Charlotte.
The Charlotte Voice, a first-time karaoke-type singing competition, kicked off on June 13 at Alive After Five. The finals on Wednesday, July 3 will take place on the courtyard stage beginning at 6:30pm.
Judges include industry professionals Jessica Sharpe, a contestant on Season 3 of The Voice; Big Sexy, an on air personality from CBS Radio’s The New 103.7 FM; and Chris McClure, a veteran agent from EastCoast Entertainment. Contestants are judged on three categories: vocal ability, stage presence/interaction and audience applause. Vocal ability accounts for 50% of the score. Stage presence and audience applause each account for 25%. For more info, visit http://www.thecharlottevoice.com.
In addition to bragging rights as the 2013 Charlotte Voice, the winner will receive a three-day, two-night stay in Myrtle Beach, S.C. for two. Prizes for weekly winners include a $50 gift card to BlackFinn American Saloon or Whisky River. To learn more, visit http://www.aliveafterfives.com.
With more than 20 years in the entertainment and sales building industry, Little Dreamer Productions specializes in executing events for a wide variety of customers including: restaurants/
Media Contact: Colleen Brannan (704) 458-2289 or firstname.lastname@example.org.