The new iPhone/iPad app provides functionality for both users and staff, taking the most popular features of HR Unity Self-Service. Staff are now able to clock in and out using the app, and when GPS tracking is enabled, they don’t even need to click a button, the system automatically registers their presence by location using state of the art geo-fencing. Employees are also able to check their personal details, see balances and request/book holidays. In addition, managers are able to see which staff are present and their locations, they can also check and approve timesheets and requests for holidays saving time and reducing paperwork.
HR Unity v5.0 includes many improvements to Payroll functionality including additional features for staff:
• As well as having multiple bank accounts per person, staff may now opt to have different amounts paid into different accounts, based on set criteria.
• Employees are now able to view the original values as well as outstanding balances for loans and payments, enabling them to pay back more quickly if they choose to do so.
Additional features for the Payroll user include:
• Enhanced Payroll Dashboard which provides an up to the minute summary of current payrolls being processed, with details of when they were last modified and by whom.
• Real time alerts from HMRC for updates and actions required (for example, changes to tax codes)
• Complete Pay history (not just for the current tax period) is now easily accessible and can be viewed in one place, showing all salary changes over time.
• Making Up allowances can now be automated, so that when a member of staff takes on extra duties for a set period of time, the payroll will automatically calculate the new rate, and then revert to the previous rate when that person returns to their original role.
• New collaboration between Timesheets and T&A provides alerts to managers when timesheet entries do not match the actual hours worked.
Reporting and Workflow
On the reporting side, there is now a Quick Report facility which takes the most popular elements of the HR Unity Report Writer, providing an easy to use tool where users simply point and click to export data into an Excel spreadsheet format.
HR Unity features a custom built workflow engine which is designed specifically for HR users. In HR Unity v5.0, enhanced workflow functionality now enables users to build new business processes even more quickly and easily.
John Ovington, Sales and Support Director at Carval Computing said; “At Carval we are committed to providing powerful, yet easy to use systems that automate as many mundane tasks as possible. This enables our users to streamline HR and payroll operations and focus on more strategic work, offering support and value to the business. With this latest version of HR Unity, we have rewritten many of the internal connections and links to the employee database which although invisible to the end user, provides a noticeable increase in performance. This combined with the extension to the mobile capabilities with the new app will provide significant benefits to our customers.”
Notes to Editors
Founded in 1986, Carval is a leading provider of Human Resource Management and Payroll software.
The company’s HR Unity range of flexible and easy-to-use solutions is the only truly integrated HR, Payroll, Time & Attendance and Self-Service software available in the UK. The range comprises:
• Unistaff (Human Resource management software)
• Uniwage (Payroll software)
• Unitend (Time and Attendance software)
• Unity Online (Employee and Management Self-Service)
The HR Unity range includes a number of market-leading features. Unistaff HR Software includes recruitment, training & development, absence management and a P11d module as standard. Uniwage Payroll Software has both HMRC Enhanced Recognition and PAYE RTI Recognition.
Carval is committed to providing forward looking solutions that harness the latest proven technology, and meet current and expected legislation. Carval participated in HMRC’s RTI Pilot Scheme with many clients and as a result was able to deliver a mature product ahead of legislation coming into force.
Designed to provide a future proof solution, HR Unity supports an unlimited number of companies, employees and users. This flexibility enables the system to adapt and grow to meet business requirements over time.
Twice yearly legislative upgrades are provided free of charge so that users know that they are always using the latest commercially available version of the HR Unity range. This eliminates any concerns about obsolescence or budgeting for expensive upgrades.
With over 20 years’ experience and sector qualified professional staff, Carval understands business needs and works with clients and users to deliver a solution that's right. From 100 employees to 5,000 and from initial consultancy to implementation Carval have a solution to suit.
High profile clients include: Addison Lee, Colne Housing, UK Coal, Day Lewis plc, National Housing Federation, St Andrews Links Trust, The Royal Mint, and Scotmid Co-operative
For more information please contact:
Tel: 01908 787700
Andreina West/Mary Phillips
Tel: 01491 639500