· Cribs - Before buying the crib ensure that it meets the national safety standards and is in good condition. Check for the certification seal. Remember that the crib slats should not be wide and the mattress should fit snugly.
· Playpens and play tents- If the play yards have protruding hardware or rotating top rails, then it is included in the recalled lists. The play tents are collapsible ensure that the when they are put up, it stays put without collapsing.
· Baby swing- This is one item which the babies will outgrow fast and are best bought used. Check whether the harness of the seat is intact and the lap bar snap closes tightly.
· Toys- Yard sales and thrift stores have a good supply of used toys. When buying used toys, remember to disinfect them before allowing your baby to play with them.
· Baby clothes- babies grow quickly and they grow out of their clothes quickly. Buying new clothes once in three months can be very expensive, even if you shop at a cheapest clothing store. You check out at your neighborhood consignment stores or garage sale for gently used baby clothing.
These days, the trend is to check the online sites such as everydayyardsale.com (http://everydayyardsale.com/
There are around 100s of gently-used baby products registered for selling at everydayyardsale.com. Take a peek- http://everydayyardsale.com/
Visit everydayyardsale.com (http://everydayyardsale.com/