PRLog - March 28, 2013 - HURST, Texas -- FORT WORTH, TEXAS – Standing 8 Promotions, North Texas’ leading promotions company for the sport of professional boxing, is back by popular demand with Fight #2 in its six-fight Bud Light Pro Fight Series: Welterweight Collision Course on Friday, April 19, 2013, at the Hurst Conference Center. The event will feature 36 rounds of boxing over seven entertaining bouts. With a sold-out debut event of 1,700 fans this past February, excitement is building for these local boxers as they go mano-a-mano in the ring, fighting for their chance at the superstardom.
Remaining fights of the Bud Light Pro Series are scheduled for June 29, August 24, October 26, and December 7, 2013.
Fighters to watch in Fight #2 Welterweight Collision Course include:
· Main event of the evening: Scheduled for eight rounds, Rogelio De La Torre 10-2 (6 KO’s) of Houston squares off against Waco’s Milton “Bad Boy” Ramos 8-3-2 (2 KO’s) for the Texas Welterweight Title.
· British native “Cracking”
· Tony Lopez (in photo) of Fort Worth is 3-0 (1 KO) in his young pro career and 68-3 as an amateur. His first pro win was a first round knockout at Standing 8 Promotions’ Mid-Cities Mayhem in November 2012. He recently fought on the televised portion of Top Rank's UniMas show at the Winstar Casino in Oklahoma, winning a four-round decision.
· Five-time Texas State Golden Glove champion Jose Orozco 5-0 (2 KO’s) of Fort Worth, one of Texas’ most decorated amateurs, will fight Dallas’ Larry Smith 10-14 (7 KO’s) who plans to donate a portion of his winnings to the National Kidney Foundation.
· Albert Rodriguez 8-1 (4 KO’s) of McKinney returns to boxing for a much-anticipated, six-round fight against Julio Cesar Rangel 8-6 (5 KO’s) of Mexico, who is now making his residence in Dallas.
· Top prospect Oscar Mojica 1-0, alumni of W.H. Adamson High School in Oak Cliff and current Dallas resident, will also be on the card.
*Bouts subject to change.
What: Fight #2 of Bud Light Pro Fight Series produced by Standing 8 Promotions
When: Friday, April 19, 2013
Time: Doors open at 5:30 p.m. The opening bell will ring at 7 p.m.
Where: Hurst Conference Center – 1601 Campus Drive, Hurst, Texas 76054
Tickets: Tickets may be purchased online at www.standing8promotions.com and at www.ticketalternative.com or by calling 877-725-8849. Tickets cost $30 for general admission, $60 for ringside rows 1-3, and $100 for VIP seating (includes private wait staff services). Tickets may also be purchased at the door.
The term “haymaker”
Boxing originated as early as 688 B.C. by the ancient Greeks as an Olympic game. Boxers were required to remain within a circular ring drawn on the arena floor; hence the name “boxing ring” although presently the area is square.
For hi-res images, interviews and media tickets, please contact Susan Friedman.