There are several home remedies for broken bones which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the popular home remedies for broken bones are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for broken bones is to consume half fresh pineapple on daily basis until your broken bone has healed. The pineapple is known to have bromelain which is an enzyme. This enzyme is very helpful in reducing inflammation and swelling. But remember to eat fresh pineapple only not processed or canned pineapples.
2. Try to avoid smoking because it can cause delay in the healing process of bones. The reason behind it is that the cigarette contains nicotine and other harmful substances which reduce the amount of oxygen reaching the bone tissue. These later results into a slow healing process of the broken bone.
3. Try to use a pillow to elevate broken foot or ankle in order to reduce the swelling.
4. Vitamin supplements such as boron are very effective in repairing and healing of the fractures. Remember to consult your physician before taking any supplements.
5. Consume food rich in vitamin C on daily basis. Vitamin C helps in encouraging the formation of collagen which is very helpful in forming healthy bones. Foods rich in vitamin C are strawberries, papaya, bell peppers, lemon juice, oranges and cauliflowers. This is one of the most effective home remedies.
6. Try to consume foods rich in calcium on daily basis. Calcium is very effective in building strong bones. Foods such as collards, broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, mustard greens and beans are rich sources of calcium.
7. After you have suffered a broken bone injury it is beneficial to use ice pack for the first one to two days after every fifteen to twenty minutes. This also an effective method to ease the pain and swelling.
8. Try to avoid consumption of red meat and stay away from drinks rich in caffeine such as tea, cola and coffee.
9. Do not eat processed food or food products with preservatives in it. They are known to contain phosphorous which can result into loss of bone.
10. Try not to consume alcohol as it can interfere with the absorption of calcium and affect the bone mass.
11. Horsetail is also very beneficial for treating fractures. It is known to contain silica which helps in absorbing calcium and utilizing it.
12. Consume foods rich in zinc as they are very helpful in promoting the repair process of tissue damage. Foods rich in zinc are pork, beef, lamb, lobster, salmon, clams, oysters, chicken and turkey.
13. Plantain leaf is also very helpful in treating fractures.
The above mentioned home remedies for fractures are some of the most popular home remedies which have been used since a very long time and can prove to be very effective if used in a proper manner. visit http://www.allayurvedicremedies.com/