Vehicles are chosen by the World Report based upon a strict list of criteria. Points covered include:
• The overall quality of the vehicle
• Size and cabin space
• The vehicle's safety record
• Overall reliability
• The opinion of vehicle critics and experts.
Critics have been impressed with the comfortable amount of passenger room available in both vehicles, as well as their great lists of features, helping to make them strong choices for busy families.
The safety record of both the Prius and the Highlander is apparent. Both vehicles have been chosen as 2013 Top Safety Picks (http://www.iihs.org/
• The Star Safety System, including vehicle stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes, and brake-force distribution
• The LATCH system, allowing parents to quickly and safely strap in children's car seats
• Front and driver active headrests
• A tire pressure monitoring system.
The fuel savings that both vehicles provide is another reason that the Prius and the Highlander are strong choices for busy families. The Prius has a combined average fuel economy of about 50mpg, and the Highlander Hybrid gets 28mpg both in the city and on the highway.
A long list of comfort features also adds to the appeal of both vehicles. Features include:
• A 6.1 inch display audio touchscreen with AM/FM/CD/MP3 capability
• Auxiliary and USB audio jacks
• Bluetooth connectivity for cellphones, allowing drivers to place handsfree calls.
Drivers interested in learning more about either the Prius or the Highlander Hybrid, or any of Toyota's other 2013 models should contact or visit (http://www.lakeshoretoyota.com/