WORKSPACE CONCEPT – TANGENT™ at WESTIN
On the Heels of Successful Pilot the Highly Functional, Technology Driven Flexible Space is Rolling out to More than 40 Hotels Around the World
STAMFORD, Conn. – March 18, 2013 – Today, Westin Hotels & Resorts announces the global roll out of Tangent™ (formerly known as Project Hive), an innovative workspace concept that meets the changing needs of today’s mobile business traveler. The new flexible workspace reinvents the small meetings model and has proven highly successful – receiving rave reviews and high usage from both guests and neighboring businesses in pilot hotel locations. Tangent is currently available at The Westin Boston Waterfront, The Westin Arlington Gateway Hotel and made its debut at The Westin Grand Munich this month. The offering will continue to roll out to more than 40 hotels worldwide this year including The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali and The Westin Copley Place, Boston.
“Tangent’s unique offering is really striking a chord with today’s mobile workforce and driving demand for more locations across our global portfolio,” said Brian Povinelli, Global Brand Leader for Westin Hotels. “In our efforts to meet the needs of today’s mobile traveler, we are changing the way we do business to better customize the guest experience. While a hotel room or lobby is a place where you can do work, Tangent was specifically designed as a smart room and personalized work space that enhances productivity and can be booked on demand.”
In the U.S. 75% of the workforce is mobile and by the end of this year one-third of the global workforce will follow suit. In Westin hotel’s in-depth guest research, more than 70% of business travelers said an environment that better suits their work objectives would significantly improve their business travel experience. Forty-
The brand’s signature new workspace features:
· media:scape by Steelcase technology that offers an interactive space for participants to access and share digital information quickly and seamlessly. Video conferencing is also available at a four person seated workspace.
· Televisions, printers, sound systems, Xbox 360® for games or DVDs.
· Floor-to-ceiling white boards and fully stocked office supplies offer convenience and promote collaboration.
· Wired and wireless internet for no additional fee. Flexible outlets are also located throughout the space allowing devices to power up regardless of location.
· Privacy for groups of up to four to conduct small group meetings or hold calls and teleconferences.
The Westin brand’s design team worked to create a space that also embraced the trend of “co-working”
For further information, please contact: