Headquarter Honda is the only LEED certified dealership (http://new.usgbc.org/
This criteria included:
• The use of sustainable building materials and reducing waste during construction
• Strong indoor energy performance
• Intelligent use of water, both inside the building and out
Where to build the dealership was also an important consideration. LEED specifies that businesses should be within easy reach of its employees, allowing them to easily bike to work.
Headquarter Honda has come up with a number of interesting solutions to reduce its environmental impact and to create a enjoyable working environment.
• A rooftop garden that cools the building, reducing air conditioning and energy usage
• Solar panels that collect enough power to supply 13% of annual energy needs
• Rainwater collection to be used in the carwash, as well as recycling water from the car wash
• Showers and locker rooms provided for employees who bike to work
The dealership also recently added a Hunter Quick Check system to their service department, the first system of its kind in the United States. In under five minutes, the system can pull a wide range of vehicle diagnostic information, including info on wheel alignment, brake integrity, and emissions. A print-out for the driver makes the information easy to understand and there is no obligation for further service or repairs.
Drivers interested in learning more about what Headquarter Honda has to offer are encouraged to visit the dealership at 17700 State Road 50, in Clermont – especially on March 17th to join in on the celebration – or contact a member of the sales team (http://www.headquarterhonda.com/