Travel – With spring break, and tax refunds coming, we all want to get away from work, school and life for a bit. Unfortunately, most of us tend to bite off more than we can chew financially. Here are a few tips for keeping travel costs down this spring.
1) Plan a Staycation – Relaxing at home is a great way to let your mind and body recover. Become a tourist in your own town, you’d be surprised what your area has to offer.
2) Commit to a “NO-SPEND WEEKEND” – Play board games, have a family barbeque, watch movies at home, and enjoy the great outdoors. You’ll be saving a ton of money and building memories to last a lifetime.
3) Listen to a Sales Pitch – Sit through a sales pitch to get a free weekend vacation. As long as you know you won’t be tempted to buy a time share, spending a couple of hours in a seminar is worth a free hotel stay to most of us.
4) Go ALL-INCLUSIVE – Not paying for extras like food, drink, and activities can cut the price of a vacation in half if you do your research. Not to mention some come with a discount on plane tickets.
Around the House – Many of us find ourselves looking at our homes in a different light when spring rolls around. With the sunlight pouring in, we tend to notice the dust a bit more, and we want to tackle the projects that have “snowballed”
1) Removing Clutter – Now that we’re able or willing to spend some time outside, it is much harder to ignore the garage, and that we feel like we’re in a swap meet when we walk through it. If you find yourself in this situation, remove the clutter wisely. If you’re taking it out, why not make some money to pay bills by having a garage sale. If you don’t feel like prepping for a garage sale, donate items to charity, you’ll be helping those in need, and getting a nice tax deduction in the process.
2) Gardening – Let’s face it, most people don’t view gardening as fun, but the right type of gardening can save you a bunch of cash at the store. Plant a vegetable garden! Everyone knows that food prices are rising daily. Save some money by not buying all of your food at the store. In addition to gardening helping you save money, it can also reduce stress and provide light exercise.
Spring Cleaning – Nobody likes it, but most of us can save a ton of money if we use our brain and prioritize our cleaning. Simple tricks can pay you back throughout the year.
1) Make Your Own Cleaning Supplies – With a little research online, you can find recipes for laundry detergent, spray cleaners, abrasive cleaners and more. Best of all, most of these homemade cleaners are non-toxic. You can also make your own cleaning rags, use old T-shirts or socks, or recycle your newspaper to clean your windows.
2) Clean Your Vacuum – You’d be surprised how long your vacuum cleaner can last. Clean the canister inside and out, remove the string and debris stuck in the rollers with a comb, and replace your belts. These measures can help extend your vacuum’s life well past 10 years.
3) Vacuum Your Refrigerator’
4) Clean or Replace Your AC Filter – According to the Energy Department, a clean air conditioner filter can save 5-15% of your electricity compared to a dirty filter. That can easily add up to $20 per month…not too shabby!
Utilities – Remember some of these money saving tips now, to balance out the rise in utility costs as spring flows into summer. Arizona electricity and water comes at a premium, every bit of savings goes a long way.
1) Efficient Thermostat Operation – Get a programmable thermostat and set the temperature higher when you’re not home. Why spend the money on AC when you’re not there to enjoy it?
2) Use Your Ceiling Fans – Believe it or not, a ceiling fan will allow you to raise your AC by up to 4 degrees. With no reduction in comfort. 4 degrees can easily save you 10% on your existing bill. Also, remember to turn your ceiling fan off when you leave the room…they cool people, not rooms.
3) Insulate Properly – Seal cracks and openings to prevent warm air from leaking into your home. Simply add caulk or weather stripping to seal air leaks around doors and windows. The more hot air you seal out, the more cool air you seal in. This will ensure your AC only clicks on when it has to.
4) Lower Water Heating Costs – Most people don’t realize that water heating can account for 14-25% of their energy consumption. Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the “warm setting” or about 120 degrees. You’ll save energy and avoid scalding yourself.
If we focus on the little things, we can find ways to save money around every corner. Enjoy the tips, and your spring! Hopefully these helpful hints can help us all to a bigger bank account.
About Cash Time Loan Centers
Cash Time Loan Centers has been serving Arizona since 1997 with fast and easy Title Loans and Personal Loans secured by your motor vehicle even if it’s not paid for. They are locally owned and operated with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. Cash Time offers Auto Title Loans and Personal Cash Loans. With over 20 locations in Arizona, loan approval only takes a few minutes. For additional loan information, visit http://www.cashtime.com or call (602) 433-4090.