1. Manage your inventory. With an mPOS solution, you can view, update and adjust your inventory from any location. Also, compare product popularity and change product/service prices at all locations in just seconds with the touch of a button.
2. Cut costs on repairs. Traditional cash registers are not only more expensive to purchase but also to maintain. You can reduce ongoing costs with the use of Apple products and other smartphone and tablet options. The time and cost for repair or replacements on these reliable products is far lower than that of the old fashioned registers.
3. Set up online ordering. With the same POS system that you are using on-location you can also set up an online store, online scheduling, etc. These features can boost sales, making products more available and convenient for your customers.
4. Apply recurring billing. Some mPOS systems, like SalesVu iPad POS, provide ongoing and automatic billing options. This can be useful for businesses like wineries where customers have subscriptions. All billing can be edited or canceled at any point.
5. Prevent theft through automated cash management. Some mobile POS solutions allow you to track sales and cash from the day’s start to finish so you know exactly where and when money is coming and going. This means no funny business with the cash drawer!
6. Track employee activity. View employee check-in and check-out times as well as individual sales from the comfort of your own home. With an mPOS you can converge two different systems into one overall database.
7. View customer and/or transaction history. Need to go back and see a customer’s history? With the diverse systems available, you can find your most loyal customers, what they’re interested in, what products have the best sales record and who/what is generating the most business for you.
8. Speed up the checkout process. Mobile point of sales solutions operate much more quickly and efficiently. This gives your customers the ability to be in and out faster. Forget the long lines! On top of a quicker system, you can add more hardware and still remain under the cost of a cash register. If you see your store is starting to get too busy, add another station at just a moment’s notice.
9. Supply receipts in a more convenient way. Giving customers the option to print their receipt, have it e-mailed or both allows them the satisfaction of getting what they want and feeling more in control of their purchase. You can solve the problem of customers losing or throwing away their receipt because both parties will have it on file. Additionally, add your company tagline or other desired information to receipts rather than just the traditional system’s product price and date!
10. Save time with taxes/finances and get organized! Financial information needing to be turned in or given to an accountant or bookkeeper may be collected and managed more quickly as your finances are automatically organized in an mPOS system. Solutions, like SalesVu, can save everyone a significant amount of time by syncing with Quickbooks. Escape the hours spent sorting through files!
11. View sales reports more quickly and simply. Regardless of where you are, you can pull up your business’ performance. Break it down by day, week, month, product, etc. You can customize your own reports to track what is most important for your company. Generate any type of report in just seconds and make quick adjustments if necessary.
12. Reduce errors. Traditional cash registers allow for more human error and less customized sales options. Don’t worry about manually entering discounts with every sale when they’ve already been applied to the products in the system. Also, upsell options and modifiers on an order can help increase sales and simplify complicated items for cashiers. You can customize this process at any time.
13. Personalize your system. Different businesses have different needs. With an iPad POS, you can modify the system, products and options that will be beneficial to your company. Traditional cash registers don’t offer customization from business to business. Worry about only the options relevant to you and forget the rest!
14. Operate from a remote location. The days of having to go into the office or place of business to find out what’s going on are over! See what your employees are up to, the company success, customer activity and all else without digging through files and manual management. Check out nearly every aspect of your business with the touch of a button! No worries if you’re on vacation; business management can now take place ANYWHERE!
15. Provide what comes natural to your employees! Simplicity is the key to success. Mobile point of sales solutions are available on products that have become second nature to virtually everyone these days. Why force yourself and your employees to learn another system and have to worry about knowing the solution to every possible glitch that may occur. Simplify when possible. Most people, including customers, are close to expert with these devices, so no more calls to managers and owners asking how to execute functions while the customer waits! P.S. customer service is available everywhere for many of these products.
Join the 21st Century! You don’t need to be a big company like Apple to look like a pro!