Why people do Chardham
As mentions in Veda and Puranas the Yatra of most sacred places of Chardham wash away all the sins of mankind and make pious to them. According to Hindu Veda the man having no sin got Heaven after death and get salvation (get rid off from the cycle of life-Death, and get a place near to God forever). It is the internal desire of every people to get rid off from the attraction of Moh-Maya (Earthy live) & merged in God. But practically it is impossible to remain sin less. For going to heaven it is necessary to live sin less and blessed full. Darshan and yatra of Chardham of Uttarakhand first done by Pandvas brother while going to Heaven after Darshan of these holy places they leaved their all sins and went Heaven.Thus the tradition of Visit Chardham started. As above discussed practically impossible to be sin less. Then our Vedic Rishi Sages told us the alternative and shortcuts method to become sin less and make our path easier to heaven. Some easy path to wash away our sins are- Take holy Darshan of most sacred Dham(Badrinath, Kedarnath, Dwarka, Puri, Rameshwaram, Gangotri & Yamunotri)
Advantages to visit Chardham of Uttarakhand
· To washed away all sins and make yourself more pious as get to God.
· To opportunity to visit most sacred origins of divine river Ganga & Yamuna.
· To opportunity get holy bath in most pure water of Ganges and Yamuna.
· To visit and see the life style & cultures of hilly life of People who lives at mountains.
· To opportunity to see & explore the Natural beauty of snow capped mountain, rare species of plants animals, flowers, and herbals plants occurs at the heights of above 12000ft. from sea levels (like Rundu a Himalayan mouse having no tail and more bigger than normal mouse, Musk dear- Kasturi mrig having Kasturi in its body, Bhoj patra- ancient time sages used it as writing papper many Veda are written on Bhoj patra, Brahm kamal- A divine flower grow above 14000ft from sea level loved by God & Goddesses having medicinal properties)
How to get there
By Air: Nearest airport is Jollygrand Doiwala Just 17 km from Rishikesh and 23 km from capital city Dehradun and 255 km from Delhi.
By Road: Due to double lane of Road in Chardham the journey of Chardham by road is very convenience. This Yatra run over the National highway 58 lead to Badrinath. Delhi from Rishikesh 235km, Ponta sahib from Dehradun is 51 km)
By Rail: Dehradun ,Rishikesh and Haridwar are the major and Nearest Railhead for Chardham Yatra connected with major cities of India by broad gauge having direct links with Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jaipur, Ahmadabad etc.
Badrinath and Gangotri - are linked by road from Haridwar, Rishikesh, Kotdwar, and Dehradun. Yamunotri -he trek starts from Janki Chatti, 225 kilometers from Rishikesh. Kedarnath - 207 kilometers from Rishikesh.