"This will be a wonderful event that benefits Variety - The Children's Charity of the Desert, while giving tennis lovers an opportunity to meet some of their favorite players and celebrities in a festive, social atmosphere,"
The evening will be a celebration of delicious food, great music and, of course, an epic day of tennis. Partygoers will be delighted with the global Mediterranean cuisine from Figue's culinary team, led by Executive Chef François de Mélogue. The chef is a Relais & Châteaux chef who has earned accolades at such acclaimed restaurants as The Bakery and Pili.Pili in Chicago, the Old Drovers Inn property in New York, and Joel Robuchon's Gastronomie restaurant in Paris.
Also on hand will be celebrity chef Chris "CJ" Jacobsen, Executive Chef of the new Girasol in Studio City. CJ recently made a great showing on Bravo TV's Top Chef Seattle culinary competition series.
Chef de Mélogue's colorful, sophisticated Mediterranean fare will be served at several food stations. Planned menu items include:
• Warm Olives - Thyme and Orange Marinated Olives
• Harissa Almonds - Spicy Moroccan Marcona Almonds
• Charcuterie Display: Prosciutto & Compressed Melon, Salumi, Breads, Fig Jam, Pickles
• Hamachi and Tuna Crudo, Charmoula Vinaigrette, Olive Oil Pearls
• Chilled Asparagus Puree 'Mimosa', 3,000 Year Old Olive Oil
• Tomato Olive Focaccia, Jamon Iberico, Shaved Manchego
• Parmesan Shortbread, Cherry Tomato Confit, Feta
• Porchetta with Creamy Polenta
• Wood Grilled Red Pepper, Goat Cheese & Arugula Panini
• Farfalle with Leeks, Conserved Figs and Speck
• Diver Sea Scallops - Plancha Scallops, Zucchini 'Spaghetti', Saffron Sauce
• Bourride - Provencal Stew, St. Pierre, Scallops, Mussels, Clams, Saffron Orange Brodo
• Barcelona Liégeois - Iced Espresso, Chocolate Sorbet, Marcona Almonds, Salted Caramel
• Pistachio Olive Oil and Fig Cake - 'Spice Road Caravan' Figs
• Citrus Yogurt Panna Cotta - Citrus Labne, Apricots, Turkish Fairy Floss
• M'Hanncha - Coiled Moroccan Baklava, Lavender Honey
The Party Rock Crew will keep the Party rockin' with their fun, engaging music
The evening celebration will peak with the high-energy music provided by the Party Rock Crew. Party Rock Crew is a part of LMFAO that gets the party started. It consists of Q, Nate, Charlie, Furr (Shufflebot)
To get more information about the Player's Party at Figue Mediterranean on Tuesday, March 5, 2013, please call 760-773-9800 or refer to the website www.desertsmash.com.
About Figue Mediterranean
Figue Mediterranean, located at 47-474 Washington Street in La Quinta, CA 92253 (telephone: 760-698-9040)
Savor the seductive flavors of the Mediterranean with inspired, delicious culinary creations of Relais & Châteaux honored Executive Chef François de Mélogue while enjoying beverages from their extensive list of wines and specialty cocktails with an Old World and New World concept. A fun, approachable list is designed by Sommelier Celeste Cotta CSW.
Figue is owned by Lee Morcus, of LMLQ Restaurant, LLC.
About Variety - The Children's Charity Variety
The Children's Charity is a multi-million dollar philanthropic organization that spans the globe, improving the lives of children through creative fundraising efforts, well-placed donations with exceptional children's charities, and through its own charitable programs. With the help of volunteers and sponsors, Variety - The Children's Charity continues its mission to provide lifesaving and life-enriching assistance to children in need on the local and international level. For more information, visit varietyofthedesert.org.
Founded more than forty years ago in Van Nuys, California, K-Swiss (NASDAQ: KSWS) introduced the first all-leather tennis shoe, the K-Swiss "Classic" in 1966. Since its inception, K-Swiss has rooted itself in California Sport with an aim to be the most inspiring and innovative sports brand in the market. Today the company offers performance and lifestyle footwear and apparel for several categories under its California Sports umbrella including Tennis Heritage, California Fit (Running, Triathlon and Fitness) and California Youth. K-Swiss also designs, develops and markets footwear under the Palladium brand. For more information about K-Swiss, visit www.kswiss.com, @KSwiss on Twitter, and Facebook/KSwiss.