The need to deliver great user experiences across a fast changing browser, operating systems and device landscapes puts tremendous pressure on IT operations and application and Web development teams. This volume explores some of the key challenges of monitoring and optimizing complex Internet applications from the end-user perspective.
Topics covered in this new volume include:
• managing performance across browsers and devices;
• why page size matters even more for mobile applications;
• how to optimize websites for tablets;
• why real user monitoring matters for managing complexity at the edge of the Internet; and
• managing user experience for Silverlight and Flash applications.
“Complexity is the enemy of application performance,”
This is the fourth in a series of best practice whitepapers designed to provide action-oriented advice for practitioners interested in application performance and user experience. Prior volumes include:
• “Proactive Performance Engineering & DevOps”
• “Best Practices for Optimizing Cloud and Virtualized Applications”
• “APM Best Practices: 2013 State of the Art and Trends”
Compuware APM® is the industry’s leading solution for optimizing the performance of web, non-web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Driven by end-user experience, Compuware APM provides the market’s only unified APM coverage across the entire application delivery chain -- from the edge of the internet through the cloud to the datacenter. Compuware APM helps customers deliver proactive problem resolution for greater customer satisfaction, accelerate time-to-market for new application functionality and reduce application management costs through smarter analytics and advanced APM automation.
With more than 4,000 APM customers worldwide, Compuware is recognized as a leader in the “Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring” report.