The boutique dealer group expects to exceed the 160-adviser target by at least 20 per cent in 2013, owing to a number of key opportunities, including:
· Guardian’s very clear value proposition as a risk specialist AFSL focused on partnering with entrepreneurial growth-oriented advisers who want to run their business their way. Guardian has been in talks with a number of high quality advisers from many dealer groups.
· Industry consolidation particularly amongst non-aligned dealer groups. Guardian sees increasing scope to buy smaller dealer groups who are struggling to meet the rising costs of increased regulatory change, and are looking for scale and security in an institutionally-
Guardian Advice head Simon Harris said: “Advisers are increasingly seeking an entrepreneurial culture of like-minded people. With licensees experiencing increased pressures associated with regulatory change and tighter economic conditions, Guardian is an attractive partner.
“A key point of difference is our unique culture which appeals to many advisers looking for professionalism, progressive technology platforms and a supportive network of like-minded growth oriented practices”
Against sweeping regulatory change and the weight of a tough economic environment, Guardian expects the trend in consolidation of smaller boutique licensees to accelerate. The group will also continue to review relevant acquisition opportunities where there are synergies and scale benefits.
Since reiterating in September 2012 its plan to significantly increase adviser numbers, Mr Harris said Guardian was in a prime position to reach that goal given a number of growth initiatives the group recently launched, including:
· Free SOA Paraplanning Service - value-adding offer of free risk Statements of Advice, helping advisers better prepare for a post-FoFA world.
· Business Acquisition & Succession Planning Offer – supporting retiring advisers with succession strategy, and growth-oriented practices to enhance their practice value.
· Preferred Partner Program - enriched insurance and platform partner panel including industry-leading participants to ensure the best practice support and service provision for advisers.
· ‘Future Business Leaders’ program – tailored professional development program to nurture emerging business leaders within Guardian’s network.
· Enhanced Marketing support through website and social media consulting services.