Mike Harris, Chief Photographer and News Operations Manager at WEWS-TV 5, is the featured speaker for Workshop 1 on “Telling Visual Stories” scheduled for Wednesday, March 6 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Cleveland State University (Main Classroom Building).
Audiences demand content that leaps off the page or screen -- that engages, enlightens and informs. No matter what you do in the communications world, you need to know basic video techniques:
• How to think visually and see the story.
• Lighting, motion, sequencing, transitions, composition and sound.
• Video camera basics.
• Optimizing video for social media.
Mike Harris supervises both videography and editing staffs, shoots news stories and operates live equipment. He is in charge of training the photographers and MMJ (Multi-Media Journalism) staff on new technology. Mike specializes in HD videography, Avid and Final Cut Pro nonlinear editing, analog and digital satellite transmission, production and remote lighting, remote audio and helicopter stabilized camera operation.
The cost to attend is:
Press Club members: $80 per workshop / $300 for all 4 workshops
Student rate: $20 per workshop / $60 for all 4 workshops
The following workshops include:
- Workshop 2: Using Tools of the Trade; Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Workshop 3: Managing Multimedia -- and Yourself; Wednesday, May 1, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Workshop 4: Building a Cross-Platform Strategy; Wednesday, June 5, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Non-members can save by joining the Press Club of Cleveland and paying the member cost to attend. For details, call the Press Club office at 440-899-1222, email pressclubcleveland@