The competition looks to find Manchester’s next big act with the winner receiving a recording session, a £250 cash prize and the opportunity to perform at various events throughout the year at The Printworks as well as a coveted May Day Festival slot at the venue.
The competition is open to all singers, duos and groups of up to six members, performing a cover or original song, with an acoustic guitar or to a backing track. Those keen to showcase their vocal talents on The Printworks stage in front of a panel of industry judges need to email email@example.com to secure their place in the auditions.
The Printworks Unsigned final will be held on 6th April with a celebrity judge on the panel. Contestants from the open audition will then be whittled down to a top 8 who’s videos will be uploaded for public voting on the Printworks website. The final 8 will then perform again on the stage in front of our celebrity judges for the chance to walk home as the Printworks new residential act.
Fred Booth, Centre Director of The Printworks said;
“We are very excited to welcome all the talent that the North has to offer. Singing competitions have proven to very successful previously and we are keen to work closely with the act to give them a platform to shine.”
For all media enquiries please contact Tree Communications – Sarah Gormley on 0161 407 0067 or 07919 886488
About The Printworks
· Printworks Keys To The City is a monthly competition with a winner picked on the last day of each month to enter visit: http://www.theprintworks.com/
· The Printworks is a state of the art entertainment complex located on Exchange Square in Manchester City Centre
· The Printworks is home to 17 different venues from restaurants, bars and clubs to a state of the art cinema and gym.
· The Printworks celebrated its tenth birthday in 2010 and before standing as an entertainment complex was one of the world’s most prolific printing houses
· Interviews and images are available on request
· For more information visit www.theprintworks.com
· The Printworks, 27 Withy Grove, Manchester, M4 2BS