The Cystic Fibrosis Trust has been Opus Energy’s chosen charity since 2010, during which time over £40,000 has been raised for the cause. The money is used to help research cures and provide treatment for the life-threatening inherited disease, which affects 75 children and adults in Northamptonshire alone. Opus Energy’s support of the Opus Rocks gig night will see all proceeds being donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, and any profits made will be matched by the company.
Whiteroom, well-known for performing throughout Northamptonshire and the surrounding area, will be joined by Sons Of The Helots, The Fallows and Heather Adelle Jones.
Chris, an Opus Energy employee and singer in Sons Of The Helots: “We’re thrilled to be playing, it’s a great way to raise money for a fantastic cause and bring rock ‘n’ roll to Northampton. The audience is in for a treat!”
Ciaran, drummer in The Fallows and an Opus Energy employee: “We’re a great supporter of all charities - the Cystic Fibrosis Trust does great work and this gig was the perfect opportunity to show our support. We’ve been busy recording our second album, so the Opus Rocks gig will serve as an ideal warm up before we go on tour in the summer; we have more than a dozen festival performances lined up as part of a multiple date headline tour across England, Ireland and Europe.”
Annamarie Petsis Jones, Head of Human Resources, Learning and Development, Opus Energy: “A great night is on the cards with this line up of established and up-and-coming Northampton bands, some of whom feature Opus Energy employees. Thanks to the bands and our employees for supporting the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.”
- What: Opus Rocks fundraiser gig for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- When: Friday 8th March, 2013, doors open at 7pm
- Where: The Picturedrome, 222 Kettering Road, Northampton, NN1 4BN
- Tickets cost £5 in advance or £7 on the door
- Tickets are available from the Picturedrome:
Notes to editors
- Attached photo shows (left to right) Sons Of The Helots: Chris – bass, Elliot – drums, Simon – guitar and vocals, Simon – guitar and vocals.
- Photos of all bands are available upon request
- Interviews with the bands and an opus Energy representative will be available prior to the event or on the night
- An interview with a representative from the Cystic Fibrosis Trust will be available prior to the night
For further information please contact
Marketing Executive, Opus Energy
0845 218 2160
About Opus Energy
Opus Energy is the UK’s leading business energy supplier. The company was founded by Charlie Crossley Cooke in 2002 and now employs 450 people over its Northampton and Oxford-based offices.
Opus Energy supplies more than 150,000 business locations across the UK with power. Customers include: White Stuff, Paperchase, Stagecoach, Pizza Hut and Virgin Media.
In addition to supplying energy, Opus Energy also purchases power from over 500 renewable generators in the UK which it then supplies to its customers.
The management team has a 50 per cent stake in the business, while GDF SUEZ holds 30 per cent and Telecom Plus Plc has 20 per cent.
For further information about Opus Energy, please visit www.opusenergy.com.