“This is one of the North Willamette Vintners’ signature wine touring events and a way to showcase this world-class wine region in Portland’s backyard,” said Juanita Lint, owner of Plum Hill Vineyards and President of the North Willamette Vintners. “Our member wineries are part of the northern gateway to the Willamette Valley, where entrepreneurial spirit endures and small, family-owned wineries contribute to the community fabric.”
Wine Trail Partners – from Authors and Cheesemakers to Baby Goats
Wine Trail guests will learn to graft their own wine grapevine, explore the unique terroir of the North Willamette region and meet a baby goat or two. Home to the only domestic Sake producer in the country and a local goat cheese creamery, the North Willamette Valley showcases more than simply world-class wines. This year, two Portland area cookbook authors will sign copies of their latest cookbooks. Ashley Gartland, author of Dishing up Oregon (Storey 2011) will be at Montinore Estate, and Ivy Manning, author of Crackers & Dips (Chronicle Books, 2013) will sign at David Hill Vineyard and Winery.
TICKETS: (On Sale Now)
Saturday & Sunday, April 13-14, 2013 – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
o $45 per person includes the two-day Wine Trail weekend with activities, wine tastings, light food pairings, North Willamette Vintners wine glass, and canvas tote bag for wine purchases.
o $30 per person for Sunday only ticket from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Ticket includes Willamette Vintners logo glass, activities, wine tastings, light food pairings and canvas tote bag for wine purchases.
o $10 for Designated Driver ticket includes a wine trail kit with a bottle of water, beverage bottle and snacks in a reusable tote bag.
Weekend Activities and Tastings:
• Mimi's French Market toffee and chair massages by Elixir Wellness and Spa and Haiku Organics at Garden Vineyards.
• Cookbook author Ashley Gartland will sign copies of Dishing up Oregon (Saturday only from 11-3 p.m.) with great pairings from her cookbook made from balsamic vinegar and verjus at Montinore Estate with Cooper Mountain Vineyard
• Apolloni Vineyards is offering an Italian theme with a Sangiovese tasting and local Italian pairings plus gelato!
• Wine marries art at Abbey Creek Vineyard's new tasting room with local artists.
• Quail Run Creamery will host J. Albin Winery with farm creamery tours and even some baby goats!
• Smith Berry Barn will host Provincial Vineyards with gourmet food pairings and the top 10 entertaining tips and tools.
• Elk Cove Vineyards will host neighboring winery Patton Valley Vineyard, Republic of Jam and local wine barrel art.
• David Hill Vineyard and Winery will host cookbook author Ivy Manning and serve culinary samples from her newly released cookbook Crackers & Dips (Sunday only from 11-3 p.m.)
• The Oregon Humane Society and Man Bite Dog will be at Tualatin Estate Vineyards.
• Shafer Vineyard Cellars will feature a Christmas-in-
• Smitten Artisan Truffles will offer customized truffles at SakeOne and Ardiri.
• Ponzi Vineyards will host Briar Rose Creamery and a local hazelnut producer while teaching about the benefits of the screwcap.
• Oak Knoll Winery will host Dion Vineyards and present a mini-winery trail concluding with a glass demonstration and pairings from local farm stands.
• Freja Cellars will partner with Wessles Family Honey.
• Helvetia will host local alpacas with knitting, spinning and felting demonstrations and a salmon food and wine pairing.
• A Blooming Hill Vineyards will show how port is made and host the Oregon Lavender Association.
• The Tasting Room at 1910 Main will serve pairings and wines from Gresser Vineyard and Provincial Vineyards.
• 1910 Main – An American Bistro will present a live cooking demonstration at Plum Hill Vineyard along with a grafting lesson.
Breakfast Before Pinot
A new “early-bird”
About North Willamette Vintners
Located near the northern boundary of Oregon’s Willamette Valley wine region, North Willamette Vintners is a cluster of independent wineries crafting fine wines from the valley’s most fertile land. Passionate, creative and diverse, this young industry association is made up of 43 members representing wineries, tasting rooms and wine tourism partners throughout the northern reaches of the valley. Most of the wineries are located just outside Portland, in the nearby communities of Beaverton, Cornelius, Forest Grove, Gaston, Helvetia, Hillsboro and Tigard. On the way to Oregon’s scenic coast and to the heart of the Willamette Valley, the North Willamette Valley wine region is easily accessible for a day trip or weekend excursion. For more information or a list of member wineries, please call 503-941-0609. Follow North Willamette Vintners on Facebook and Twitter at @NWVintners.