PRLog - Feb. 26, 2013 - LONDON -- London, UK - Deans Blinds and Awnings, British manufacturer of patio awnings, canopies, and awnings of various types has issued safety tips on the handling of awnings during bad weather conditions to their customers and to the public. With the return of the bad weather it is advisable that the public take extra care of their awnings and follow these tips. Deans gave simple guidelines to avoid costly damage to awnings when the bad weather hits.
Tips On Taking Care Of Your Awning During Bad Weat
Be Gentle With It
• When not in use do not leave a retractable blind in the open position. This minimises the possibility of damage due to vandalism or extremes of weather.
• Never leave your blind out during windy weather or when bad weather is expected.
• Know when it's time to refurbish the blind with a new cover, or if it's ever necessary to make extensive repairs.
Windy Weather Conditions
• Consider an awning with anemometer (wind control) if you're buying new awning as this will assist retracting your awning during gusty weather.
• Never leave your awning extended when the premises are unoccupied.
• Don't leave your awning out in heavy rain.
• Do not operate or use your awning in freezing conditons.
• Do not allow snow or ice to accumulate on the awning.
• If it is frozen then do not operate until the mechanism has thawed.
• If have attempted to use an electric awning when it is frozen and it jams consult a specialist before going further as permanent damage may occur on thawing.
• Care should also be taken with "all weather" pergola type awnings as, whilst these are excellent in wind and rain heavy accumulations of snow or mechanisms frozen with ice will be bee damaged so make sure your awning is retracted if snow is anticipated.
Deans has advised that if people have any more questions about handling their awnings during bad weather then they should contact Deans Blinds and Awnings by calling 020 8947 8931 or visit http://www.deansblinds.co.uk/
About Deans Blinds and Awnings UK LTD
Deans manufactures and install a wide range of awnings including patio awnings, shop blinds and many other types of blinds and awnings from their factory in Southwest London. The company is located at Unit 4, Haslemere ind Estate, Ravensbury Terrace, Earlsfield, London SW18 4SE. For more information, please visit http://www.deansblinds.co.uk/