For more information go to:
"I find it startling to note that 8 of the 10 most dangerous interchanges in New England, are located here in the state of Rhode Island” comments personal injury lawyer, Kevin P. Landry. "All drivers must take extreme precautions now, to help avoid accidents and injuries that are becoming more frequent on these particular stretches of roadway."
What Are The Interchanges in Rhode Island to Watch Out For?
Out of the ten most dangerous interchanges in all of New England, eight of them are located in Rhode Island. They are as follows:
8. I-295/exit 3 Cranston - 95 crashes, 59 injuries and 1 fatality in 3 years
7. I-95/exit 24 Providence - 134 crashes, 52 injuries and 1 fatality in 3 years
6. I-295/exit 6 Johnston - 144 crashes, 65 injuries and 1 fatality in 3 years
5. I-95/exit 18 Providence - 232 crashes, 86 injuries and 1 fatality in 3 years
4. I-95/exits 14&15 Providence - 254 crashes, 87 injuries and 1 fatality in 3 years
3. I-95/exit 23 Providence - 98 crashes, 50 injuries and 2 fatalities in 3 years
2. I-95/exit 22 Providence - 347 crashes, 54 injuries and 2 fatalities in 3 years
1. I-95/exit 20 Providence - 217 crashes, 90 injuries and 2 fatalities in 3 years
"If you are driving on any of these interchanges and intersections in Rhode Island, don’t drive distracted,”
In recent years, Rhode Island has placed emphasis on preventing texting while driving. Few will argue that mobile device usage increases the likelihood of a crash while driving these already dangerous stretches of highway. As a result, the safety of both drivers and occupants are put at even greater risk.
"What most people don't realize is that even seemingly small fender benders can turn into significant injuries,” said Landry. “With regards to driving in Rhode Island, I think former native Ben Franklin was onto something when he said, 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure’ - and I urge all Rhode Island drivers to take precautions when driving on any of these dangerous interchanges."
About The Law Offices of Kevin P. Landry, P.C.
The Law Offices of Kevin P. Landry P.C. is a Rhode Island and Massachusetts law firm that has represented the people of MA and RI for more than 21 years while earning a reputation for success in several practice areas. These include personal injuries due to medical malpractice, automobile accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, workman’s compensation, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, nursing home negligence, bicycle accidents, medical malpractice or other personal injury claims. The firm represents clients throughout Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Cape Cod. Offices are presently located throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod and in Rhode Island in Providence, Cumberland, Lincoln, Central Falls, Pawtucket, Warwick, Cranston and Woonsocket. The firm’s primary Rhode Island office is located at 717 Allens Ave #102 777 Allens Avenue Providence, RI 02905. To learn more about The Law Offices of Kevin P. Landry, call (401) 751-0101or toll free at 1-800-200-7752 or visit: http://klandrylaw.com