Tarpy’s Roadhouse Celebrates National Wine Day May 25th with East End Wine Row
Sip, Nibble, Celebrate and Support Peacock Acres!
MONTEREY, CA -- Immerse yourself in the rustic elegance of Tarpy’s Roadhouse located at 2999 Monterey Salinas Hwy, Monterey. Tarpy’s Roadhouse is partnering with East End Wine Row to celebrate National Wine Day!
• You are invited to raise your glass: May 25 is National Wine Day. Not sure how to uncork your excitement for the day? Stop by Tarpy’s Roadhouse.
• Enjoy delectable nibbles from Chef Michael.
• Savor wines from East End Wine Row including Chesebro Wines, Cima Collina, Dawn’s Dream Winery, Holman Ranch, Joyce Vineyards, Parsonage Family Winery and Silvestri Vineyards.
• Support Peacock Acres. Peacock Acres provides residential care and transitional support services for current and former foster youth in Monterey County. They operate five unique programs to holistically meet the needs of local foster youth: Group Homes for boys ages 7-17; Transitional Housing Placement Program for foster youth ages 16 to 18; Transitional Housing Program Plus for former foster youth ages 18 to 24; Incarceration to Success for probationary young adults ages 16-21; and our new project, the Learning Center, which provides mentoring and tutoring services throughout the day for students K-12 in foster care.
• Location: Tarpy’s Roadhouse located at 2999 Monterey Salinas Hwy, Monterey on the patio!
• Time: 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
• Cost is $35 per person and the event benefits Peacock Acres.
• Reservations Required (831) 647-1444
Background On East End Wine Row:
East End Wine Row is an association of Camel Valley tasting rooms located at the east end of the Village on Carmel Valley Road. Comprising seven unique tasting rooms, the East End Wine Row is not overly crowded and provides a warm, personal interaction with tasting hosts and winemakers.
Carmel Valley is one of the seven appellations in Monterey County's diverse wine country and is perhaps the most distinct. Nestled into the towering Santa Lucia Range, Carmel Valley geographically defies daytime zephyrs and fogs, yielding the warm summer and fall days and cool nights that are especially favorable to Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and other red varietals. Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel also perform exceptionally well in Carmel Valley.
Location: East End Wine Row is 11.5 miles east of Highway 1 in Carmel Valley Village. East End Wine Row comprises the following tasting rooms: Chesebro Wines, Cima Collina, Dawn’s Dream Winery, Holman Ranch, Joyce Vineyards, Parsonage Family Winery and Silvestri Vineyards. Sip wine, enjoy the Carmel Valley sunshine and savor everything East End Wine Row has to offer.
Background on Tarpy’s Roadhouse:
Tarpy’s Roadhouse is pure and simple and celebrates the heritage and craftsmanship of the classic Roadhouse with a few new twists and turns. Relax in the rustic elegance of this 1917 Roadhouse and enjoy a cornucopia of diverse tastes and treats! Our food comes from local farmers, fisherman, ranchers and foragers and our own edible herb garden. The menu changes with the season, as nature intended, and deftly prepared dishes celebrate all that Monterey County has to offer. Tarpy’s wine cellar contains a large section dedicated to the same them of local abundance.
The welcoming dining room has a stylish, rustic decor. On sunny afternoons, patrons can relax under market umbrellas on the outdoor patio, sip margaritas, enjoy tasty libations and munch on Tarpy's delicious food.
Come nightfall, the place fills with tourists and locals alike who pile in for a hefty plate of bourbon-molasses Pork Chop, Dijon-crusted lamb loin or Chef Kimmel’s vegetarian selections. Don't miss the dry-packed, Maine sea scallops on edamame puree. it is to die for. Tarpy's also has a wonderful selection of fresh, local, sustainable fish, shellfish and vegetable dishes – but the good ol' meat 'n' potato mainstays sizzling from the wood-fired grill like steaks and wild game, sell the best. Make sure to try the juicy meatloaf and garlic whipped potatoes!
In the mood for a tasty libation cocktail and snacks at the bar? Have one of our talented bartenders create a cocktail for you from our new artisan cocktail selection. Our garden is even showing up at the bar in tasty libations featuring fresh herbs. When it comes to interesting ways to use herbs like basil and mint, have one of our mixologists incorporate them in a cool, refreshing cocktail.
Set amidst lushly landscaped grounds, the patios and extensive gardens provide a refreshing backdrop for any occasion. Tarpy’s Roadhouse has seven private and semi-private rooms available for banquets, meetings and celebrations. The full bar, award-winning wine list and knowledgeable professional service ensure a terrific dining experience. Reservations are recommended. Tarpy's also offers affordable full-service, off-site catering.
2999 Monterey Salinas Highway
Monterey, CA 93940