Preparing throughout the week/weeks involves securing your core strength, but moreover keeping your “core stabilizers”
“Traditional crunches are the most common; but strengthening the core stabilizers should be your ultimate goal. These muscles are vital; developing these for optimal performance should be the aim of any skier or snowboarder. An exercise suited for this would be planking.”
There are many variations of “planking,”
1. Start in the plank position, your forearms and toes on the ground
2. Gently shift your weight to your right forearm.
3. Now, extend your left arm straight out
4. Hold for a number of seconds, and keeping your core tight
5. Slowly bring your arm back previous position.
6. Switch arms and continue
Try it out! The only things you have to lose are muscle spasms, cramps, and the dissatisfaction from your performance.