This guide features educational resources and checklists to help simplify the job of having to choose compatible parts for a high-performance digital signage or AV distribution system. It includes tutorials, planning tips, and comparisons of:
• Video formats (VGA, Composite, DVI, HDMI®, DisplayPort, and others).
• AV distribution methods (in-line, CATx-based, fiber-based, IP-based, and wireless).
• Components that typically make up an integrated digital signage/AV distribution system.
• Video display methods and display configurations.
“The process can be quite overwhelming for those starting to design an end-to-end system,” says Brian Kutchma, VP of Sales at Black Box. “This guide is designed to simplify that process, whether you’re planning a system for digital signage, a corporate or school video distribution application, command and control, or medical imaging.”
Plus, the guide gives a comprehensive overview of the types of products found in the entire digital signage ecosystem and spotlights Black Box’s full range of solutions for digital signage, including:
• iCOMPEL™ (http://www.blackbox.com/
• iCOMPEL EDS (http://www.blackbox.com/
• MediaFlyer™ EXPRESS (http://www.blackbox.com/
In addition to digital signage platforms, the guide features Black Box’s full suite of:
• Extenders for efficient distribution of VGA, HDMI, and DVI signals over long distances using non-networked cable runs or an IP network (Ethernet LAN).
• Splitters for easily duplicating a VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, or DVI signal for display on multiple screens.
• Switches for routing multimedia signals from a single source or multiple sources to one or more displays.
• Converters and scalers for outputting various video formats on different types of displays and monitors.
• Wireless receivers (http://www.blackbox.com/
To get the complimentary design guide, visit Booth #645 on the floor of the Las Vegas Convention Center during DSE 13 or visit blackbox.com/
About Black Box
Black Box is a leading technology product solutions provider that helps customers build, manage, optimize, and secure their networks. In addition to award-winning digital signage platforms, the company is a single source for AV extenders, splitters, switches, converters/scalers, and many other multimedia solutions. Black Box is ISO 9001:2008 certified and has received numerous industry recognitions, including the following awards: Info Security Products Global Excellence, CRN Tech Innovator, TMC Communications Solutions Product of the Year, Network Products Guide Reader Trust, Network Products Guide Product Innovation, R&D 100, Five Star ratings from SC Magazine, and a Cabling Business Magazine Award of Excellence. Black Box provides its customers with free, 24/7 pre- and post-sales technical support.
Black Box® and the Double Diamond logo are registered trademarks, and iCOMPEL™ and MediaFlyer™ are trademarks, of BB Technologies, Inc. Any third-party trademarks mentioned in this release are the property of their respective owners.