Criteria for Eligibility
To be eligible for consideration for a SNEB Foundation scholarship the applicant must be a Student Member of SNEB. Student Members are: Individuals who are registered as full-time students or are actively working on a degree at an accredited college or university. Student status must be verified by having a faculty member sign the membership application. Applicants must also be at the beginning of their professional careers in nutrition, dietetics, or related field, i.e., they must have fewer than 3 years of professional work experience. Enrollment in a dietetic intern program qualifies for student membership with internship supervisor verifying the membership application.
A Student Member who wishes to apply for a SNEB Foundation Student Scholarship must:
1. Complete the SNEB Foundation Student Scholarship application form.
US Application (http://www.sneb.org/
2. Provide an answer to the essay question outlined on the application form.
3. Submit the application form and essay to Sarah Gould at the SNEB Foundation
4. Students who are not SNEB members may still apply by first joining online at http://www.sneb.org/
The application form and essay must be submitted via email by March 1, 2013.
All essays will be rated based on the quality of response to the question "How do you plan to apply what you will learn at the SNEB conference to your studies, research, or professional career related to nutrition education?" The reviewers will evaluate essays on the following criteria:
How is your research or work enhancing the field of nutrition education? (This can be expressed by describing work you are already doing or work you are interested in pursuing in the future.)
• Ability to apply conference information to career potential
How will exposure to conference sessions help you advance your nutrition education career goals?
• Ability to express ideas well and convey information clearly and concisely.
If you should have any further questions regarding the election, please contact SNEB staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.