Flexismoke™ has a number of features which make it the ideal choice for managing windows for smoke ventilation.”
· The panels feature a 3 ½ -inch LCD touch screen which means that installation, configuration and on-going maintenance can all be carried out in situ without the need to use a PC.
· The use of simple bus technology for the breakglass units means that the need for cabling and the additional costs associated with it are significantly reduced.
· The flexible system structure means that the modular smoke control panel can be easily constructed, extended or reconfigured by adding modules or by joining several panels.
· The smoke control panel can be set so that the opening and closing of windows are determined by wind direction and speed. This allows the facades to be used as part of the smoke ventilation without adding anything else to the system except a wind direction sensor.
· By combining several panels Flexismoke™ can be used in very large buildings.
Flexismoke™ is designed to work in conjunction with standard 24 volt actuators as well as those which include advanced MotorLink™ technology. MotorLink™ is a state of the art digital data communication technology which provides improved control and functionality where automated windows and natural ventilation are part of a building management system (www.MotorLink.org)
Richard Arnott, UK and Ireland market manager for WindowMaster, added: “Natural ventilation and smoke ventilation have moved to the forefront of building design in recent years with the increasing focus on energy consumption and sustainability. As a result, demand for automated and intelligent facades has grown.
“WindowMaster has used its years of experience to make the programming and operation of automated smoke ventilation systems as easy as possible. The new Flexismoke™ range of panels is very versatile and interfaces with building management systems using open bus communication standards including KNX, LON, Bacnet and Modbus and can be commissioned on site using the LCD touch screen.”