PRLog - Feb. 13, 2013 - IRVINE, Calif. -- IRVINE, Calif. – TechBiz Connection will host a forum designed to help local businesses prepare for the sales challenges of the “new normal” of the 21st century on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 6:00 to 9:00 PM at the law offices of Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear in Irvine.
According to Jack Bicer, TechBiz Connection president, technology, globalization, and evolving concepts of brand loyalty are changing the way companies sell and develop business. Lowered market entry barriers are pervading global competitors in every technology sector.
“The internet is educating your customers and prospects to the differences in product features before they contact vendors,” Bicer noted, adding that “the economy, reduced head count, and the cost of travel are greatly restricting how we communicate and build relationships with our customers. Fortunately, we have organized an outstanding panel of seasoned sales professionals to discuss how you can prepare for the sales challenges of the new normal.”
Bob Johnson, the panel moderator, has over 35 years of information technology sales, operations and general management experience in the hardware, software and professional services industries. He has managed various small, medium and large technology organizations. His experience includes 28 years at Unisys with U.S. and global responsibility, including vice president and general manager, Unisys North America and vice president of worldwide sales operations. Mr. Johnson is also a member of the Tech Biz Connection Board of Directors.
Panelist Thumbnail Bios
· Patrick McClure, CEO and founder of the Connexia Group, specializes in accelerating performance and efficiency by individuals and corporations. During his 25-year corporate career, he personally sold over $100 million in products and services for companies such as IBM, Digital Equipment, EDS and Hitachi Data Systems. The Connexia Group, founded in 2003, is a consulting and training organization that works with clients to drive accelerated sales results.
· Sven Johnston is senior vice president, business development for GigaSavvy, an online marketing company with a core focus on SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
· Rick Wyand is president of Jenall Marketing, LLC, a sales representation firm specializing in sales of products and solutions to wireless carriers. He has over 30 years of international sales experience in the US, Europe, Asia and Middle East. Prior to Jenall Marketing, Mr. Wyand was SVP of worldwide sales for Smith Micro Software where he closed deals with all the major wireless carriers and handset manufacturers;
· Will Crist is a sales force developer, trainer and coach. His company, Sandler Training, is a leader in innovative sales and sales management training. For over 40 years, Sandler has taught its distinctive, non-traditional selling system and highly effective sales training methodology, which has helped salespeople and sales managers take charge of the process. Mr. Crist has worked on sales projects with Fox Home Entertainment, Samsonite, Brooks-Rx, Sonnet Technologies, Nelson Engineering, Alphabio, Naviant (an Internet software company) to name a few. He specializes in helping companies build sales teams, improve sales management with real accountability and drive sales growth.
· Glenn Hansen is regional managing principal of One Accord. Over the last 25 years, he has been a highly successful senior executive in retail, wholesale and B2B services. Achieving extraordinary results and leading profitable sales, he builds teams with synergy. Mr. Hansen has led teams to success in vastly different sales environments for both products and services. A great sales trainer and motivator, he has a talent for building effective strategies amidst complex challenges, then taking strategy to execution.
The TBC Forum’s discussion and subsequent question-and-
Admission to the TechBiz Connection event is $20 prepaid and $40 at the door. For further information and RSVP, visit http://www.techbizconnection.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
TechBiz Connection (http://www.techbizconnection.org)
Daly-Swartz PR for TechBiz Connection
Jeffrey Swartz, 949-470-0075