This is in line with their software lifecycle policy as Sage will only support the most recent editions.
Any users working with this edition of ACT! will shortly be unable to purchase extra licences, or receive regular ACT! upgrade discounts.
From 28 March:
• Additional ACT Pro 2010 & Premium 2010 licences will no longer be supplied
• Upgraded licences from ACT 2010 won't qualify for regular Sage upgrade discounts
To help ACT! 2010 customers keep their software up to date Preact has announced it will offer an extended discount to ACT! 2010 users who upgrade before the Sage deadline.
By upgrading from ACT! 2010 to ACT! Pro 2013 or ACT! Premium 2013 with Preact before 28 March we will apply an extra 20% saving in addition to our regular Sage upgrade discounts.*
An upgrade quote can be requested by phoning 01628 661 810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A comparison of the latest ACT! 2013 updates is summarised in our upgrade guide: http://www.preact.co.uk/
As an entry level application, Sage ACT! might not have kept pace with all the changes since ACT! 2010 was installed.
Preact also work with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and compared to ACT! this offers more functions and personalisation including:
• Process automation for automated emails & workflow driven tasks that remove administration & help everyone work more efficiently
• Clearer visibility of key performance metrics across all teams
• Capacity to manage all processes & relationships in one application, for example: events, jobs, projects & products + customers, sales & activities
• Fully accessible CRM in Microsoft Outlook and multiple web browsers
Preact offer a free ACT database migration to users who switch to Dynamics CRM. http://www.preact.co.uk/
Preact have no plans to withdraw support for ACT! Pro 2010 or ACT! Premium 2013 to its existing supported customers.
However, these versions are not compatible with the latest Microsoft operating software or recent versions of MS Office. We therefore strongly recommend urgent attention before Sage remove the preferential upgrade rate to secure the best price on ACT! 2013, or consider the alternative Dynamics CRM solution.
* This offer is only available for registered ACT! Premium 2010 and ACT! Pro 2010 customers. Sage ACT! licence upgrade discounts are applied on a like-for-like basis. This offer expires 28 March 2013.