With much confusion for many around the digital switchover of 2012 and a rise in rogue traders who’ve used this situation to cash-in by preying on the elderly and vulnerable it’s important to know how to avoid these unscrupulous traders.
Here the professionals at Action Aerials (www.actionaerials.co.uk) share their proven ways of avoiding the cowboys.
Asking the Right Questions
A reputable firm will not only be able to answer any queries about their service and practice, they’ll be happy to. The trick is knowing the right questions to ask. We recommend checking:
· Affiliation with any leading industry bodies such as the Confederation of Aerial Industries (CAI)
· What training and qualifications staff undertake
· If the firm guarantees their work
· If they offer free, no obligation quotes and if prices are fixed with no hidden extras
· If they are adequately insured
· Whether appropriate Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to and if so, asking what they are
· If staff are CRB checked
· How long have the firm been trading
· Have they ever been prosecuted by Trading Standards
Staying Safe and Receiving the Best Service
A reputable company such as Action Aerials (www.actionaerials.co.uk)
For more information about professional aerial installation and how to avoid rogue traders contact Action Aerials on 0800 389 9025.