It’s Valentines Day and today of all days we can be certain of one thing – every half decent restaurant around the country is going to be packed to the rafters. And as loved ones whisper sweet nothings across tables - restaurants owners rub their hands in glee at a fantastic nights takings.
But to ensure that tonight’s high is not followed by an unwelcome low Eleanor says that restaurant owners should take a moment to consider the following staggering facts relating to their industry;
- According to Google up to 88% of online search for terms related to the word Restaurant are carried out on a mobile device.
- Additionally up to 90% of mobile users have used their mobile device to search for local information with 70% of these contacting a business within 24 hours.
- Mobile is set to overtake desktop for local search terms in 2013
Eleanor advises that restaurant businesses wishing to succeed in 2013 need to adopt a mobile marketing strategy to ensure their business is seen by potential customers. Some of the ideas she suggests include;
- Get listed in mobile directories for your area and industry as these tend to perform well in mobile search. Paying for a premium listing could be worth it particularly if it allows for coupon downloads
- At the very least create a mobile landing page with click to call for easy reservations, GPS directions to ensure your restaurant is easily found and a list of daily specials to entice potential customers
- PPC advertisements do very well in mobile as mobile searchers do not tend to distinguish between paid and organic listings so create an adwords campaign targeted only at mobile devices and point it towards the above mentioned landing page
- QR codes are still a novelty, make use of them. Have QR codes printed on the back of your receipts or simply place them on tables with the hook to scan the code with your phone and enter your details to receive a discount on tonights bill. Hey presto, an instant list to remarket to.
- To really cement your mobile marketing strategy a mobile app is a fantastic marketing tool for a restaurant business enabling to offer built in check-in coupons, loyalty cards, special events, in app reservations and much, much more.
And the good news is that to succeed with mobile marketing does not need to cost a lot. You could have customers beat a path to your door throughout the year and have them come back again and again.
To find out more you can contact Eleanor directly on;
Telephone: 01 602 4720